Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Silverado 2500HD 2wheel drive
On hard right or left turns, brake pedal goes to floor with little or no stopping power. Functions properly all other times.
I did read the thread that ended in 2013.
Items replaced are as follows:
Master Cylinder - Hydroboost - P/S pump - P/S cooler - all lines associated. Brake system was bled out to clear fluid.
Prior thread mentions worn hub causing wheel sensor and ABS issue.
This vehicle shows no signs of wheel bearing wear. Also, ABS fuse was removed with no effect other than dash light. ABS unit wiring was disconnected also with no effect aside from dash lights.
I would certainly appreciate any further input before throwing more parts(wheel hubs) at this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an FYI. This is on going with no solution at this time. Again, any input is welcomed.

·
Registered
2009, 2500HD, 6.0 L, 4x4, Ext Cab, Alumn FlatBed
313 Posts
When a wheel bearing is real bad the wheel/rotor is loose. When going around a corner it will push the caliper piston back in. The next time your use the brakes you first need to move the piston back into place before you get stopping power.

If you can drive around in circles ( I live on a cul-da-sack) and remove all the wheels to see what everything looks like.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
422 Posts
I would think if the wheel bearing was that bad, you could get the wheel off the ground and feel the play by pushing/pulling at 6 & 12 on the wheel...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input.
During close inspection of wheel bearing, discovered a warped rotor and minor pinching of brake hoses. Changed hoses, rotors, and lines. During the bleed process we noticed very small bubbles coming from hydro-boost where the two halves mate. Swapped out hydro-boost again. Still have same issue. Thinking steering gear is next as it is the only part left on the hydraulic side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts