Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2021 Sierra 1500 AT-4 and need to replace rear brake pads. I drive around 70k a year and 30-40% of it is in really dusty/sandy roads in summer time. Some mud here and there in winter.
In the last I feel like this sandy/gritty dirty has really played with my break pads and caused some weird wear and noises. Any suggestions for new pads?

· Registered
2003 Silverado 1500 LS
1,717 Posts
So it sounds like you got ~140k miles out of those pads. If you were happy with them, I would say to simply use exact same pads......

Extreme conditions like you describe could easily produce "some weird wear and noises" with any pads.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,428 Posts
I've installed several sets of the power stops on family members vehicles before and they have always been great. Only the Z36 though. My fathers 18 has had them on there for a couple years now and he is HARD on brakes. Not so much as a squeal or anything from them, and very minimal dust.

If the brakes on my truck ever wear out ill be putting a Z36 kit on it as well. But I typically get years and years out of brakes. In fact, I've put 26k on my 15 since I got it and the brakes still look brand new lol. I'm pretty easy on brakes so I have a better chance of the pads cracking due to old age than wearing them out.

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
19,428 Posts
Not sure. I've always installed the full kit with pads and their drilled/slotted rotors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts