Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeaaaaaaa about that... I think some factors in this mess would be a very hard 211,xxx miles and a few too many burnouts and a donut in the parking lot at work.. previous owner didn't care for the truck too much and it didn't dawn on me to check the rear end at anytime.. 1 last burnout for the night is what I said, then as soon as I floored it and started to let up on the brakes,, kaboom clank clunk grind haha not a fun thing at 1 am.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The G in G80 stands for Gernade.Good locker but they do not like burn outs.I wounder if you could get a 9.5" to bolt up.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Jordan.
Rod, id say your right haha
Steve and Zsilv71 this is true but I don't have the 1200-1500 for it.

Might buy used and just get a new truck. Ive been thinking of changing it up

Michael I believe your right about the g80. and I have no clue on the 9.5

·
Registered
252 Posts
Now's the time to put a real locker in there with a set of gears.

@ Autoanything,

bwahahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AutoAnything said:
Sorry to hear about your rear end (no pun intended).

Any chance you took a photo of said burn out before it broke?

Tom
AutoAnything
Haha thanks. and unfortunately no I don't. I should have got pictures of the marks yesterday but I keep forgetting. I work everyday but its already dark when I get there except for sundays. The parking lot, where I did the donut, looks good but the burnout not so much.. I think that mark was a hint the rear end was about done for because usually I spin both wheels but that night only one spun.. coincidence or sign???

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's not that bad. The worst part of the cost is the install. You may be looking at new axles to. Have you pulled them out to look at the splines?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Luckily for me install is free but no, all I have done is pulled off the rear diff cover and pulled all the destruction out. I believe the axles are fine but I will have them checked when I start to do the reconstruction.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.