Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
so ive come to a conclusion, im just gonna get a re-manufactured trans from jasper for the discount price im given, pay the core charge and have my trans rebuilt over a course of greater time, this way when the other one goes down ill have one to put right in its place, and the jasper will be covered under warranty because i doubt itll make it past 5 years and/or 100000 miles. which should give me enough time to save up for the full 4l80e swap, this way i can get the shorter driveshaft made instead of cutting mine, and i can get the rest of the parts i need. yea its kinda stupid but itll buy me more time in the long run, considering the tru cool 40k will keep the temps down...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,516 Posts
I may have my hands on a 01 2500 this weekend. Has the 6.0/4l80 combo. Body is absolutely shot, but motor, trans, and axles are still good.

I'm not too far from jersey. If you want I can let you know if I end up with the truck. I'll be pulling the driveline out and scrapping the rest after parting out what's decent of the interior.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
That would actually be pretty amazing, please do keep me in the loop, if that trans is in good standing name your price!

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,516 Posts
Yeah I don't have too many details. But the guy has over 20 trucks on his property, some he wants to sell, others he probably won't. I'm really hoping he has a decent square body he'll sell for a decent price.

I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow if anything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
Build Update: moving along with the build again finally. today i pulled the trigger on -

Trucool 4oK Max without the bypass - $130
Atomic Poly Motor Mounts & Trucool 40k mounting bracket - $430 (gave me a first responder discount)
2 Kooks compatible Cats - $400 (another discount)
Corsa Exhaust - $680 (with another discount lol)

Now the last piece of the puzzle will be the trans from jasper but through my shop itll come out to about $1800 with a pretty nice warranty....

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice, You'll love the trucool 40.
I did mine without cutting the factory lines, just some bending.
The other mods for your build do seem more fun though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
Dommieboy said:
Nice, You'll love the trucool 40.
I did mine without cutting the factory lines, just some bending.
The other mods for your build do seem more fun though.
thank you! im sure i will and i really hope it prolongs the 4l60e's life, the other mods are way overdue however, 13 year old truck needs the love it deserves!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Build Update: great news! The cat back system has arrived! Pretty cool too because they actually had to make it, there's even a date of manufacture sticker on it and it was built on 9/8/21. so now the build can make a big step, the last piece of the puzzle is now the trans, I'm gonna call jasper transmission up next week to have them send it out, and it's moving forward from there. I have the High flow cats that Kooks was able to send to me, the Tru-Cool 40K, the badass poly motor mounts from AFP, the only thing I may need to get ASAP is the cam bearings because I think I forgot about those when I ordered everything from Texas speed, but other than that, the time has actually FINALLY arrived, stay tuned!

341 - 352 of 352 Posts