Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm on the fence right now about the lift I want for my 2012 sierra 4x4. Im almost dead set on the RC 7.5" lift with 35x12.5x20s. I drive a lot of highway miles to work every day, but I don't care about gas mileage. I also don't care about climbing in and out, I'm 6'3". The one thing holding me back from pulling the trigger is how practical its going to be to actually use my truck. I use it a lot, hauling wood, gravel, quads, dirt, you name it. No towing though. Do any of you guys still do any of this fairly often? Is it a real pain in the ass or is it still pretty doable?
While I'm at it, is there anything else you guys can tell me that I should know, before I take the plunge for the 7.5"?

Heres my truck just for reference.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Since your 6'3" and I'm 6' 4"....I'm going to just say my 3.5" lift on my truck is all I want for working out of the bed on a daily basis when working my side work. I can reach the bed barely when reaching over the rear quarter panels. And putting quads in rear of 7.5" lifted truck sounds a little dangerous also. If you really want to use your truck for work I would consider a smaller lift.

·
Registered
207 Posts
^Well put.

I have a 6" lift on mine and have to load my motorcycle at the bottom of my sloped driveway to get the bed down as far as possible, even with aluminum loading ramps. Pretty sketchy at times. Also sucks when I try to lift a 50lb bag of dogfood from the side of the truck with one arm. I'm 5'11" and if I want to get to the bottom of my toolbox, I have to stand on my tire. Is it worth it to have the truck I want and the way I want it to look, in my case YES. But you'll have to answer that for yourself.

·
Registered
57 Posts
standing on the ground shoveling dirt and lifting logs out of 7.5" lifted truck is going to be a chore, even more than it already is.. Now if you have a loading ramp or something that you do your unloading/De-loading from then it may not matter. Im tall and on a non lifted truck can "step" up and down from the tailgate ... i would imagine that getting in and out of the bed is harder at 7.5. BUT if you are anything like myself, none of this will matter and you will get the lift :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.