Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab, standard box.

There are three cross member type tubes that attach to the frame under the vehicle that I need to replace but can't find them on any GM parts list.

My best description is that two are in front and are attached at 45 degrees. And then there's one that crosses the frame just under the front of the bed.

All three tubes are rusted and barely hanging on (Detroit winters you know), so I would like to replace these ASAP. I'm assuming they stiffen up the frame.

thanks so much,

RickR90s

· Registered
6,883 Posts
RickR90s said:
I have a 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab, standard box.

There are three cross member type tubes that attach to the frame under the vehicle that I need to replace but can't find them on any GM parts list.

My best description is that two are in front and are attached at 45 degrees. And then there's one that crosses the frame just under the front of the bed.

All three tubes are rusted and barely hanging on (Detroit winters you know), so I would like to replace these ASAP. I'm assuming they stiffen up the frame.

thanks so much,

RickR90s
Post pictures, we all love to see carnage, either natural or supernatural.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's the three tubes removed.

As I said, the two shorter ones. (27 14" length) attach at a 45 degree angle just under the engine, and the longer tube (42" length) attaches across the frame from left to right.

All tubes are 1" in diameter. If I can't get new ones from GM, I just may make some out of 1" tubing.

thanks,

RickR90s

Attachments

· Member Extraordinaire, SilveradoSierra Guru
13,210 Posts
^They bolt in. I think they are just frame stiffeners. I am not sure if those are available as they are part of the frame. You could try getting them from a junk yard. I'm sure down here in Alabama they are available. Maybe your junk yard up there could order them for you from one down south on their network.

· Servicemen
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
5,298 Posts
Check with a body shop, they often have access to crash parts from other sources.

· Registered
715 Posts
I think they are called frame support braces or something like that. They rusted out on my truck and I bought some 1" steel tube the same size as the pre existing ones, bent the ends down with a sledge hammer, drilled holes through them and bolted them up. It cost about $20 or so all said and done. The dealership wanted like $200 a piece for those pieces of metal which I don't really believe are doing all that much. You could probably even go without them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.