Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,583 Posts
Basically, if someone wants a forum for their truck when it isn't covered here should find a forum that does or start one themselves. The SS.mods and forum "owners" have decided what this forum covers. If you don't like the format, then.....you can still be a member. I didn't have to submit my bill of sale to sign up.
Seriously though guys. I asked a question yesterday about brakes on a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and got all kinds of great responses and help. So, I would think that if you own a truck with a motor that doesn't fit into one of the prescribed categories, you will still find plenty of love here anyway.

·
Registered
329 Posts
08max said:
Duramax 3.0?
Likely so new that there aren't enough on the road or on this site for that matter ... with that said, there should definitely be a 3.0 section now.

I also think there should be a sub forum for eAssist owners. There's so little info out there and even members on other truck sites have asked the same. Would be nice to archive helpful resources on eAssist Silverados and Sierras. Yes, I'm being selfish lol ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
It has been discussed and it is my understanding we'll have three new Engine sections: Duramax 3.0, 6.6 gasser, and 2.7 turbo. Those should be up and available within a few days or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gorecki said:
Well there is like 9 variations of the 5.3L so confusion is likely even with a focus on a given size.

That being said, there should be an 'other or older' engine grouping.
I totally agree, i have i guess what is a c2500 then, which for me is a 2000 gmc sierra 2500 with a 1999 body style, powered by a 5.7 l v-8.
The 5.7 L/ or 350 V-8 is /was the most produce engine ever put in a GM truck, it needs to be included.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
We have a forum called "Engine" for the older generations of motors.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,429 Posts
Can't please everyone.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts