Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm rather new to the GMC/Chevy world. I owned an F 150, currently have a VW Passat TDI that's about to be given back to VW so I'm in the truck market. I personally still like the Ford, only because I owned one previously and we have some 04 Chevys with horrible turning radius AND silly split bench seats at work. The wife and I like the Sierra. She thinks it looks classier and more upscale than the Ford. I'm starting to agree. The biggest issue against GM trucks is lack of center consoles in them, they seem to almost be special order....why is that? I personally don't like the fold down seat. Mostly because of our work trucks where most are broken.

· Registered
554 Posts
I specifically looked for a truck without the centre console, that thing is wasted space and takes an extra seat away. My fold down centre seat suits me just fine, I keep a few things in it but mostly use it for a coffee holder and arm rest. If we have the need I can get a sixth person in the cab.
The storage area under the seat is more than big enough to store other items needed occasionally, like my GPS and power cord, or as a place to lock things up (lock is not beefy but better than nothing).

· Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes cost I would make the deal with dealership (if not buying private) to get it installed as part of the deal otherwise it will cost ya. I liked mine so much after I bought it I went back to dealer (guy I already dealt with) and said I would buy the 2 cup holder so I would have 4 he just went to another truck pulled it out and gave it to me.

· Registered
554 Posts
I had a Chevy Colorado before this with bucket seats and centre console. Real comfortable, fun to drive. But space was limited with just an extended cab. I was checking out the F***ds and most had a centre console, just seemed bulky. Never did see one in the GM lots by the time I came across this Sierra, but I have seen them since. They don't seem too bad. If I get a newer model someday it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
you can always add the center console, they bolt right in if you remove the center jump seat. don't let that be the determining factor when looking for a good deal on a truck. Its not just the higher end models that have them I know on the silverados they come in the 2LT, not just the LTZ variants, im sure its the same with sierra.

· Registered
197 Posts
I prefer the center console as its a great resting place for the elbow when driving long distances. The SLT and higher Denali models come standard with the console at least on the 2008 and up models. Great storage for all the electronic we have now. Ok, you can't have the wife/gf laying across your lap with one if you know what I mean.
I just purchased a '16 2500 SLT and love the lay, convenience of the interior and amenities.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
Yep, just two different trim package levels. They are just a guide though, because some 1LT's wind up with almost the same options as a 2LT and so on. But, if you are looking for a truck with a console, then you will want to start with the LTZ emblem on the tailgate. Then start looking at 2LT's. Of course, you can also find one occassionaly in a 1LT.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
ZEEGMC4ME said:
I prefer the center console as its a great resting place for the elbow when driving long distances. The SLT and higher Denali models come standard with the console at least on the 2008 and up models. Great storage for all the electronic we have now. Ok, you can't have the wife/gf laying across your lap with one if you know what I mean.
I just purchased a '16 2500 SLT and love the lay, convenience of the interior and amenities.
That's the only reason not to have a center console period. Period. End of story. I will never have one. :) Ever
What else can she do on a short road trip ?

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Personally i like the jumpseat console, with the extra storage locker.

....and the additional extra curricular activities that can be done with the console flipped up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.