Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It's been 94 days now since application and it still looks great with absolutely nothing done to the plastics except washing and letting sit outside 24 hours a day in the rain, snow and sun since application.

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
Still need to order me some of that. When I go to sell my rear bumper going to use one of them so it looks as good as possible.

Administrator
My kit came today. $17 on Amazon. Might be a couple of weeks before I can try it out.

Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It鈥檚 available at wal mart isn鈥檛 it 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Yes it is and it's showing as $13.47 at my closest Walmart. I paid $16.88 on Amazon.

Reactions: Leveled17yeti

Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My kit came today. $17 on Amazon. Might be a couple of weeks before I can try it out.
Well did you get to apply it yet?

117 days since application, still looks great.

Administrator
Not yet... maybe this weekend.

Administrator
Been a little busy with our kitchen/family room major remodel...

Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
But but... less than a week ago you detailed your truck WITHOUT the Cerakote!

Administrator
Patience, Grasshopper, I've been working on the house since. Maybe Cerakote tomorrow while I give my aching knee a rest. (Pulling-up glued-down hardwood flooring is a PITA and tough on the knees.)

Administrator
Gave my truck a little birthday present this morning. I bought the truck 9 years ago today. I finally put the Cerakote treatment on my back bumper and tailgate handle trim. I did not do the tailgate spoiler and you can tell the difference in the sheen. I felt like OJ Simpson trying to put on the little rubber glove that came with the kit. I'll do the rest of the truck after I get better gloves.
The stuff stinks but seems to work pretty well. Hopefully it holds-up long term.
Also took a pic of my odometer. 22,898 miles in 9 years. Kind of ridiculous. 馃ぃ
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Truck Automotive lighting

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Tachometer

Reactions: SierraHarley

Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
Jeez that looks incredible. I have my box of Cerakote but have not gotten around to putting it on anything.

Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Looks great GB!

I really didn't notice the smell much, I still can't smell very well after having covid over 2 years ago.

Reactions: GBSierraSLE

Registered
2010 Silverado LS WT RCSB 4.3 v6
Looks really great. I will be getting me some of this today. I got a question for anyone who does this. Why blank out your tag when you show photos on the internet? It's not like your tag isn't visible to everyone everyday. I never could figure that one out.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts