Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Your address is visible to everyone every day, would you like to post your address here?

·
Administrator
7,579 Posts
It's common practice because we have scammers every day on this site, and on the web in general of course, who could have the capability to use that info to steal a person's identity or do some other nefarious deed with the information. I'd rather deny someone that piece of the puzzle of my life. While there are scammers everywhere, there might be a handful around town locally but potentially thousands on a website. Same goes for posting a phone number or email address. Paranoia, I guess. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: SierraHarley

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,168 Posts
There is no way to find your information via license plate unless you are a LEO and some other cases. It's a law that was passed by the government see Driver's Privacy Protection Act U.S. Code 18 § 2721
So I understand why some people cover their plates but there is no need to. Unless you get really unlucky lol

·
Registered
2010 Silverado LS WT RCSB 4.3 v6
342 Posts
Paranoia. I wouldn 't have problem posting my address on here. It's like with Google maps with the street view. People contact Google and make them blur out their house. Another case of Paranoia.

·
Administrator
7,579 Posts
Like the guy who started Life Lock (or whatever it's called) who posted his actual social security number on TV ads, claiming his service would prevent someone from stealing his identity... until someone stole his identity. Call it paranoia, I think it's practical to be cautious. 🤣

Reactions: SierraHarley

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
If someone really cares that much about seeing my license plate then PM me and I'll send you info on how to send payment to me for that privilege.
Swervin please post your address here so I can send you that info free of charge.

Now let's get back to posts about Cerakote shall we?

·
Registered
2010 Silverado LS WT RCSB 4.3 v6
342 Posts
Sure. I bought the Cerakote at Walmart today. I read some reviews on their site about it. One guy complained because he said it didn't contain 10 wipes but 8. Sure enough the Walmart one has 8 wipes. I guess that is why it's $13.47 instead of $16.98 like Amazon. Amazon package does show 10 wipes.

·
Administrator
7,579 Posts
My pkg from Amazon had 10. I used 5 so far just to do the rear bumper, tailgate handle, tailgate spoiler, and bed rails. The little wipes get dry pretty quickly. I'm going to buy a 2nd pkg to make sure I have enough to do the rest of my truck and will hopefully have enough to also do my wife's SUV.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts