Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday the orange engine light started blinking when I'm accelerating. It stops flashing when I'm at a stop or under 25 mph or so to a constant being on, like it has been for a while. Hasn't given me trouble so I thought nothing of it till it started to flash. Idles rough at a stop unless I put it in neutral seems to idle a little smoother. Read up on other forums and assuming that it might be a misfire. Not exactly sure. Wondering where to begin to prevent any further damage if it might occur. Still, it bugs me as it's the only vehicle I have and want to get it fixed ASAP! Y'all's perspective would be greatly appreciated. Another note, front brakes like to lock up a bit and I'm contemplating this makes the truck work harder and might have possibly been the cause to my engine malfunction. I'll look into that in the brakes forum. Thank you for your time. Sorry for any misspelling.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I'd say it is a misfire condition. Check the secondary ignition components and change any that war bad. Also, a vacuum leak can cause a misfire condition. The intake gaskets on these engines are known for leaking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, replaced distributor rotor and cap, as well as #3 injector. Ran better first drive. Assumed it was good to go. Truck died on me on way home. Guess I must've missed something considering I had a spare bolt and a copper colored bracket with two nuts that fit underneath the carb on the fuel injector deal. Truck won't start now. Starters sounds like it grind agains the flywheel on some attempts. Gonna redo the whole deal again. What your p.o.v.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.