Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,075 Posts
Well,, this was perfect timing! Took a trip over to Wally World to get an extra jug of that stuff. Got a few of them last year for $18 a jug.
Both the WM's in my area do not stock that any more,plus online shows it at $33 a jug. For crap and giggles I stopped at the local Napa auto,, $39-$44 a jug (don't know why the 5-30 was $44? So my three jugs should be here on Sunday.
Also I noted both WM's were very slim on Mobil1,, couldn't find any 5-30, they had a few 5-20 and 0-20 but it seemed odd they were low on it.
With that being told,, Does any one know what the shelf life of synthetic oil is? I have read gear oil has a five year shelf life and that was from Mobil 1.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jake2250 said:
Does any one know what the shelf life of synthetic oil is? I have read gear oil has a five year shelf life and that was from Mobil 1.
No idea. I buy 5q jugs for our vehicles when I get them for $15 or less. I have some that are a couple years old since I do 2 changes per year for the truck and don't always catch up. I suppose the minerals and other stuff they add will separate a bit but just give them a shake and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.