Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my old 88. I used and abused it. A 1500 with helper springs, drove across thirty miles of ice regularly 4, 45 gallons of fuel on the back, 4 to 5 inches of snow normally on the ice, some snow drifts 5 feet high had to take a run at sometimes back up and break through. Also at 6 cords of wood per year cut your own road with a saw, pulled 5 tons on a trailer with it a few times....

Come on fellows which one was the best?

· Banned
2,175 Posts
Had an old 73 2500 camper special LWB RWD 400 Automatic 4.11/1. 454 original added Pontiac 455 SD. That was a hoss! Nothing that truck wouldn't do. 6-7 MPG was a drawback though.
Its hard to say which was the best.. I like my 11 but some things I don't like lol. I drive a lot so I like the comfort of the 11. Must say I would kinda like to have that 455 now with fuel injection and some modifactions! lol
As far as looks... Id have to say 55-57... Those were some good looking trucks.

· Registered
382 Posts
Oh man...that's too hard of a question. It obviously wouldn't make the strongest truck category, but my grandpa had an old original '50 Chevy truck that I loved the looks of. My dad had a '75 that he dropped a 454 into...that thing was a beast! My personal favorite is a tie between the '72 and the '85.

· Registered
383 Posts
00-06 GMT800 2500 trucks with the 8.1 motor. Absolute beasts of a truck. Top of the food chain, IMHO.

· Registered
444 Posts
Man that's a hard question. They have had so many great trucks but personally my favorites were the squarebody chevys. Although I am biased to that decision because I have a 1980, I just feel Chevy had them put together so well. They are built to last for sure. Mine was abused as a farm truck most of its life and still is today. Anything from hauling hay, wood or tractors and getting around in winter its just been an amazing truck. Like a rock! :cool:

· Registered
1,637 Posts
I loved and miss my 1991 K3500 Silverado Single Rear Wheel 4x4 with the 454 and 4L80. That thing was a beast and would pull some weight. My dad bought it new and was in showroom condition. Of course I lifted it 6" with 35's, Longtubes with dual 3" Flowmasters.
Also my 2007 Silverado ECSB 4x4 LTZ is the best truck ever made. haha

· Registered
73 Posts
I had a 93 Custom Deluxe 20. Vinyl bench seat, rubber floors, hand crank windows. But is was 4x4 with manual hubs, 350, (I popped an Edelbrock Carb on it). I also had a true dual exhaust put on it. It had a 4 speed tranny with the granny gear. ( L-1-2-3). The thing was an animal!

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,671 Posts
philmonger you can edit your posts...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.