Focus on reducing weight
Lowered ride-height and rear stabilizer bars
Carbon-ceramic brakes from the Camaro Z/28
Weight saving efforts reduced the Cheyenne's weight by 200lbs
Z/28 inspired hood extractor vent
Carbon-fiber front bumper and rear spoiler
Light-weight aluminum drive-shaft
Composite rear springs
Spare tire, trailer hitch, interior console have been removed for weight savings
Rides on 19-inch Camaro Z/28 wheels
Recaro Seats
Flat bottomed steering wheel similar to Camaro ZL1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I just got that email too! I want a gmc version damnit! So sexy

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a pic of the rear, the exhaust exits like the Vette in the center. It looks great. Notice they deleted the spare and trailer hitch.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I don't know why they'd call it a Cheyenne though... my aunt has a 97 cheyenne... its in great condition with only like 130k on it... but damn.... calling that a Cheyenne?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Down in Mexico they don't have Silverados. They have the Cheyenne. I know for the NBS they had a SS version with the 6.0 regular cab. Not sure for the NNBS. I am planning on picking one up after I pay off my 09 just to have a 5.3 regular cab with a standard trans.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
I dont care what they call it... I just want to see a gmc emblem on the front.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
That is a nice looking truck and sounds like it would drive like a dream. If I was a millionaire, I might own something like that. But, those trucks would never tow anything and likely no see any real cargo in the bed. Like I said, if I was a millionaire, I might own one, but I would also have to have my Silverado to use as a real truck. I wonder what the sticker would be on something like that???? My guess is $55 to $60 grand.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
I wonder if GM considered aluminum body panels and how much weight they would save -vs- steel sheet metal?

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I've been putting some thought into this, well i had to sit through one of the GF's boring appointments. They could go two ways with this, one being a ZL1 inspired truck with all the gadgets, or the other (the one I'd want) and bare bones stripped down street fighter, no power anything just a truck, sport suspension, and a supercharged 6.2.

The only other way I see going is a 454SS version with a ECOTEC3 based 7.4 monster...

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,449 Posts
Thats a sexy truck right there. But tge name cheyenne doesnt really fit in my opinion. I have a 95 "cheyenne" and my understanding is that its a trim level a step up from work truck. So... but none the less its a sweet looking truck. Not very practical though

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'd go the cheap route and buy a RCSB 4x4 5.3 and take the saved money and build it just the way I wanted it but then again most are scared of that idea.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.