Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 1500 work trim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas. I’m new to Chevy’s. I’ve got a 2012 Silverado 1500 work trim. It’s got the roll up windows, and none power locks. It was a highway vehicle I got at auction.

I need to hardwire My radar detector, a backup camera mirror, and a usb socket.

i’m reading I can use the pins in the mbec by the brake pedal. This is a picture of mine.
Automotive tire Black Bumper Font Motor vehicle

Can I use the diagrams I see people posting like this one?
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

And can I power 3 devices from there, the radar, the backup camera mirror, and a 12v usb socket?

Do I need relays or anything for that kind of power?

thanks guys.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 1500 work trim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm still not quite sure of how I go about doing this though.

I'm currently getting over the covid virus, and I am not at all with it physically or mentally right now.

PIN 1 is ground, I understand that. So I want to also use PIN 7, which is RUN/CRANK is that correct?

According to that MBEC page, PIN 7 is good for 10 amps.

That should be ok I think for my radar detector, and backup camera mirror, but wouldn't the USB socket be too much than 10amps? Does that mean I need to use PIN 8, and a relay instead of pin7?

If pin 7 can run the radar, backup mirror, and usb socket, would I simply put an inline fuse connected directly to 7, and then run the 3 devices wires to that inline fuse, and to the ground?

Or do I use pin 7 & 1 for radar detector, and backup mirror, and for my USB socket PIN 5 which is CONSTANT? My USB socket does have a power on/off switch.

When I tap into that reverse wire for my backup mirror's camera, I connect all the grounds together to pin 1, correct?

If anyone can answer these questions for me, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts