Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Big Whup, GM is working on it, lawyers smell money. Sign on and get your $2 check in the mail in ten years. Meanwhile those creeps will drive the cost of vehicles up another couple grand and pay for their new Mercedes, kids private school tuition, money launder... I mean campaign contributions and a European vacation.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,155 Posts
That guy in the video is annoying as all hell breaking loose.

Reactions: Chevy-SS

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Still waiting for the recall for my side curtain air bag on my 2015..you know, the one that can randomly go off and kill you..

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,227 Posts
Still have not had my passenger takata replaced either.. waiting on the stealership to get some more in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Still have not had my passenger takata replaced either.. waiting on the stealership to get some more in.
That was another useless recall. Until six months or so ago, I could not find a single instance of a passenger side airbag in a GMT900 hurting anyone in the way being purported. Lots of ancient Hondas and foreign cars. If anyone knows of a one, I'd be obliged if you reported it. Would make me feel better about replacing it and risking my dash cracking!

·
Administrator
6,503 Posts
Sorry to tell you, but you still have all the DFM parts inside the engine. It really was not a DFM delete, just not activated. GM just didn't have the correct ECM to operate the system so the truck came "without" DFM. Those internal parts (lifters) are still prone to failure.

·
Registered
2012 5.3 Silverado
38 Posts
A guy at a Performance shop here told me to disable the "new trucks with AFM " !.....he has to pull the unit out and send it off as hes not able to and i won't quote the HIGH Dollar But it's very expensive. OK was this the truth?

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,227 Posts
He was wrong, you can buy a pulsar LT by range for around $500 for the 2019-2022 and turn all of that garbage off plus more.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
^^^ This. (y) Again... That will just disable it, not delete. The crappy hardware is still there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts