Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me in advance for not adequately searching the topics on this...

However when I bought my Sierra it had the typical white stains on the cloth seats. Nothing outrageous but enough to drive a person crazy especially when you didn't put them there.

I was going to have my detailer steam them out for me until he decided to spray them down with a little homemade remedy first..

2 parts dawn dish soap (flavor of your choice)
1 part 3% hydrogen peroxide

This stuff worked like magic. Seat was sprayed Friday and scrubbed with elbow grease and a microfiber cloth and no sign of stains have returned. BOOOM!
Truck did not have a bad odor either after using the solution in fact it smelt if anything more like the dawn soap!

(Just don't smell your fingers afterwards the peroxide out weighs the dawn on skin)

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,464 Posts
Good to hear!
I've always used Tuff Stuff to clean cloth interiors and it works great and the price is cheap.
When I got my truck the center console lid/arm rest was filthy and black. The cloth on it was even hard from having so much grime imbedded in it. Spraying Tuff Stuff on it then letting it sit a couple minutes and scrubbing with a damp washcloth took care of it.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Dish soap, peroxide and baking soda work for getting cat piss out of fabric (ask my wife how I know this).
And Tuff Stuff is awesome, I haven't used it in a while though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Another good unknown cleaner is called Awesome. You can pick it up at any Wal Mart in the cleaner aisle. We use it at my dad's detail shop as an all around degreaser. Great cleaner for interior and exterior.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Those spots on the seats drive me up the wall! about every other week, im cleaning the seats. Ive figured out that standard window cleaner (without amonia) does the trick well! I dont spray it directly on the seat, I spray it on a shop towel and scrub the cloth with it. takes care of it no problem. But in two weeks or so, its back. Sooner or later i'll buy seat covers

·
Registered
413 Posts
Problem is that by scrubbing it like that you push the stain down for it only to rise up later. We see it quite often. You'll need to have the seats extracted with a carpet extractor to get the stain to completely go away.

·
Registered
681 Posts
very good point

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.