Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm still having an issue with my gauges. I have a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 4.3 2X4, I installed a new camshaft position sensor and after that my gauges on my cluster aren't working properly. When I start the truck and start to drive, I have no speedometer, no rpms, my km's don't move or anything and I also have no light on my shift indicator that tells me if im in drive or park etc and the check gauges light is on, drive for 5 or 10 minutes and all the gauges kick in and everything works properly! shut the truck off, turn it back on, no gauges again unless I take it for a 5 minute drive.

what in the world could this problem be? Its retarded and no one seems to know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think so, its the one with the rubber circuit board, the cluster just lays in then 4 bolts hold it down. i pulled a whole differnt cluster out of another sierra n tried it but still the same problem. im
thinking its a ground but no idea where to start looking.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Start by checking the battery terminals and cables first.

Use a schematic for the dash and find the ones that are dash grounds and just tap and ground them. As long as they are straight grounds over grounding wont hurt anything. Did you pull out the fuse connections and look for corrosion or scorch marks?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did check all the fuses and relays for corrosion or burned fuses and they're all good. Any idea where I could find a dash schematic? I don't have a repair manual and I cant seem to find one anywhere online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.