Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
481 - 500 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,088 Posts
WOW Nice Airstream! Wife and I have been discussing that direction! Such beautiful trailers! Its just two of us so something maybe bigger than the Bambi.
That is a great size you have!
Trailer Envy!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Pulling my new 24 foot beast with my jeep inside! I posted on my build thread, but figured why not here? with the Jeep and all the other stuff I probably had 13,000# the Duramax pulled like a. champ.

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Pulling my new 24 foot beast with my jeep inside! I posted on my build thread, but figured why not here? with the Jeep and all the other stuff I probably had 13,000# the Duramax pulled like a. champ.

View attachment 941732
13k? did you pack lead bricks around the jeep? even a built jeep is typically around 5k ish, be generous and say 6k, that still leaves 7k. how much does the trailer weigh?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I didn't mention, I had my wife and 6 year old girls household goods and "some" 2nd amendment items that are pretty heavy :). the trailer weights 3,300 lbs, jeep 4,700lbs, so around 5k in other stuff, you'd be surprised how much stuff they needed... I may have estimated a little high? it was just a guess, cause I loaded it all... LOL. after making me think, it was probably closer to 11,500. but regardless, the d-max pulled like a champ.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Pulled my New Holland Tractor for the 1st time today. Picked up the 20-foot trailer a few weeks ago and it’s been sitting around just in case I needed it. So the other day a friend of mine asked if I’d be able to do some bush hogging in a field for him to help prep for hunting and I said I would.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks like its sitting just right. About how much is that tractor weight?
The tractor is 2500 pounds, but I don’t remember if that’s with the loader or not. I also have the bush hog, which Is probably 400-500 pounds, and the trailer is 1800 pounds, but I had everything as centered as best as possible so the truck squatted about an inch or so and that’s without any helper Bags or springs

481 - 500 of 535 Posts