Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
501 - 520 of 535 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
I do not envy that, glad we arent slinging square bales around.

We do need to get a gooseneck to pull our rounds though, could move 3 trucks worth with 1 then.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I do not envy that, glad we arent slinging square bales around.
We use an accumulator and load 10 bales at a time and then to stack them in the barn. I'm too old to throw them like I used to. We go through 40 large rounds and 1,000 squares a year. Way back when I used a 16 foot bumper pull and the 24 foot gooseneck is day and night better.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
I have a friend that still does it the old fashion way, I bet that accumulator is nice to have for sure. Since you are doing square you have horses I assume?

We rolled up close to 500 round 5'x6' this year and that's less than normal. If we can get a good price for the calf crop this year we will be looking for one like you have there, maybe the next size up in length

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I have a friend that still does it the old fashion way, I bet that accumulator is nice to have for sure. Since you are doing square you have horses I assume?

We rolled up close to 500 round 5'x6' this year and that's less than normal. If we can get a good price for the calf crop this year we will be looking for one like you have there, maybe the next size up in length
Yep, a dozen horses. Daughter and granddaughter into a breeding program and wife and granddaughter training. Cows keep the ag exemption for taxes. A 30 foot trailer is what I wish we had but this one works well.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Thanks. One of the joys of living in SC, is no vehicle inspections, and if a trailer's dry weight is under 2500lbs, it doesn't have to be tagged. You can pretty much do whatever you want, within reason.

I like the Beretta, don't see them much anymore. A buddy of mine had a Beretta GTU back in the day. Had a lot of good times in that car.
Freedom - and trust you'll do what's right....... go figure.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Ha thanks a bunch Smitty27. Those darn iPhones make my photography look really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I've seen w my daughter's Iphone. Need to get one myself. BTW - those aftermarket tow mirrors? How are they holding up for you? Would you recommend? Darn hard to find a reliable quality set of those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's what I've seen w my daughter's Iphone. Need to get one myself. BTW - those aftermarket tow mirrors? How are they holding up for you? Would you recommend? Darn hard to find a reliable quality set of those.
No those are GM OEM Mirrors. When I bought the truck the salesman asked if there was anything on the truck that I didn’t really want. I said I really wanted the smaller mirrors but it’s not a big deal. He said oh you’re gonna like those mirrors I guarantee. And he was right I love those big mirrors.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
No those are GM OEM Mirrors. When I bought the truck the salesman asked if there was anything on the truck that I didn’t really want. I said I really wanted the smaller mirrors but it’s not a big deal. He said oh you’re gonna like those mirrors I guarantee. And he was right I love those big mirrors.
Those are gold.

501 - 520 of 535 Posts