Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3 has started leaking coolant. I looked at it and determined its leaking out of the rusted coolant crossover tube that runs under the intake and to 4 corners on the heads. I read that the OEM tube is not available from GM anymore? Has anyone had to deal with this and how did you fix it properly? Also....while I have the intake off and access to the 2 senders at the rear of the engine I was wondering what those are called so ican look up the parts. Anyone help with identifying what they are....I appreciate the help......Thanks!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
3,608 Posts
You can switch it from the 4 corner cross over tube to the one that is only a crossover at the front and block off at the rear. That's what I would do and actually that is what I have done.

I would not even touch those two, one is the cam sensor and one is the oil pressure sending unit. Leave them. You can take them off with the intake on it is not hard. Swapping them out is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can switch it from the 4 corner cross over tube to the one that is only a crossover at the front and block off at the rear. That's what I would do and actually that is what I have done.

I would not even touch those two, one is the cam sensor and one is the oil pressure sending unit. Leave them. You can take them off with the intake on it is not hard. Swapping them out is asking for trouble.

I was wondering if I could block off the rear two without having any problems? I just didnt want any issues if I do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts