Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry about having to post this from my phone but my computer recently crashed, I just thought I would share the best topper I have ever seen on a truck. I ran into this guy at the compost site ANC could not resist going over and asking him about it.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1383885254.459135.jpg

It is built out of 2x4's and plywood. The plywood sticks up about 6 feet and is braced by 2x4's running horizontally. The last couple feet of plywood is on a hinge so it can rest on the 2x4's and by I closed. Also the plywood has notches at the top so that a mesh screen can fit in securely and the circular hole in the back door is removable so that he can blow all of the leaves right into the back until it is jammed full up to the mesh. Te best part of all though is that in only around 5 minutes it can be disassembled by taking a few screws out so that it fits flat against the garage wall.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,464 Posts
ummmm ok

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I like it, but I can't help thinking I would use a long bed for that purpose....seems a tad unsafe to be rolling that high, I'd increase my capacity a bit.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Am I in the wrong thread? Is this "worst exterior mods"?????
I get that it's useful....I just could not have my truck looking like that on a very regular basis.

·
Registered
818 Posts
NO, NO, NO

I'm guessing the owner of that truck lives here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.