Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on getting a new pair but are they really worth 200 buck . IDK if I like the camo . here are the ones I'm looking @

Attachments

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
My favorite pair of sunglasses were a $30 pair from the rack at a sporting goods place. The end of this summer in went to take them off my hat to put them on and they snapped right in half.

So I went out to find them again since they fit me really nicely and not all glasses fit me good. I couldn't find them so I tried on all sorts of the higher end brands. I couldn't find any Oaklys that fit right and I tried some Costas but they also didn't feel quite right. So I went to cabelas and tried on a pair of wiley x glasses that looked similar to my old ones. They fit great and were around $130. They are the z87 rated lenses and frames too.

I still really don't feel like they are worth the money but I bought them so I guess you can say that I fell for it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· TOTM
7,799 Posts
I love my Oakley Crankshaft glasses, caught them on sale for 60 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

· Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,620 Posts
on a tip from a fishing buddy I switched to a pair of Wiley X P-17 Emerald lenses!! Did some shopping and got them thru Amazon prime for $90.
Very happy, fit well, great lenses.
Have always went with Oakley or Ray Ban polarized glasses and they are good but cost twice what the WX cost.. First fishing trip I was seeing allot more into the water and could spot structure and logs and stuff,, so for me I will purchase another back up set before spring. Now if I could just get them to get more fish in the boat!!

· Registered
5,165 Posts
I have two pairs of Costas the Corbina's with the 560 lens glass. One pair is green mirror with amber lens and the other is blue mirror with blk lens. To me they are worth it. Buy a strap from cablez to keep around neck when not wearing them. Imo have had oakley, maui jim and costas are by far my most favorite.

· Registered
32 Posts
I have had Oakleys, Maui Jim, and now 3 pair of Costas. The first pair I lost in the water when I went overboard on a camping trip and immediately replaced them with a second pair of the same style but a blue glass lens. I prefer the Costas over all the others and so does my wife, she has had all 3 brands as well. I also prefer the glass as opposed to the plastic lens due to durability.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

· Registered
86 Posts
I have two pairs of Costas, both with the 580 glass lenses. Blue mirror with amber lens for offshore, green mirror with amber lens for inshore (saltwater). Great glasses, night and day difference over most other polarized lenses. However, the Smith Chromapop and RCI Optics are both great lenses, and $80-100 cheaper than Costas. I don't have any experience with Smith or RCI, but I have friends with both and they love them just as much as their Costas.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,672 Posts
I'd leave them for the yuppies.
The most expensive glasses I've ever bought were Wiley X for the bike and even then they were less than $50.

Now go out and get yourself some big black frames, with the glass so dark they won't even know your name. And the choice is up to you cause they come in two classes, rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
I have been wearing the same pair of Costas Fathom in blue mirror finish since 2008...love them!

My acquisition of the initial pair of Costas actually came from the muddy bottom of a drained lake, that I found with a croakie strap still attached to them. Lenses had messed up, so I shipped them to Costa for $12 and they sent me brand new pair with a case! Box they came in had $169 sticker on it.

Costas have lifetime warranty and mine only cost me $12! Best sunglasses, ever...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.