Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Wayne, and I have a cracked dash.
Hi Wayne.

Ok, so has anyone taken out their dash and had it covered with vinyl or some other kind of material instead of replacing it with a new dash that will probably crack in a few years? I have a 2012, I bought it in 2014. I have used Aerospace 303 and my window shade when parked outside. It has two cracks on the passenger side, above the air bag. It is what it is.. but if I fix it, I don't want to fix it again. Just trying to see if anyone else has explored other options.

Thanks

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Nice twelve step intro there, however, you clearly havent mastered the first step yet. To admit that you are powerless over the cracked dash infliction that you are experiencing.
Seriously though, there are a lot of threads on this issue. I do remember where members have "repaired" the crack with varying success. If you you spend some time reading the threads, I am sure you will find some guidance.

search.php?st&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=dash%20crack

· Servicemen, AutoTech
1,070 Posts
I thought about having my upholstery guy see about making a cover like what is on the newer models but i digress. just going to leave it til i get rid of truck. Mine has been replaced twice. Obviously a design flaw by GM.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
esox07 said:
Nice twelve step intro there, however, you clearly havent mastered the first step yet. To admit that you are powerless over the cracked dash infliction that you are experiencing.
Seriously though, there are a lot of threads on this issue. I do remember where members have "repaired" the crack with varying success. If you you spend some time reading the threads, I am sure you will find some guidance.

search.php?st&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=dash%20crack
Lol...I freely admit I am powerless. Just a little frustrated, but I'll get over it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.