Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my Upper Control Arms and Ball Joints changed to Moog due to hearing a creaking noise when braking and turning, was told that would fix it.

Unfortunately the noise is still there, not as bad, but is still there. When parked, I hear the creaking noise when pressing on the brakes and turning the wheel. When off the brake, noise goes away. Also when turning slowly it's there but at speeds ~15+ it goes away.

What is wrong?

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,327 Posts
Man, these things are tough to track down. Had a tech under mine yesterday. He was using a stethoscope to try ti figure out a aqeak in my strut.
If you can recreate the sound any other way (like bouncing the truck when parked, or something) maybe you and a buddy can track it down?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out! Went to my usual lifted truck shop/mechanic and he went under the truck while I pressed on the brake and turned the steering wheel.

And he found it, it was the bolt on the driver's side cross member, it needed to be retorqued. He went and took it in, retorqued it and VOILÀ! Noise. Is. Gone.

· SilveradoSierra Guru
8,327 Posts
Sweet! Glad ya figured it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.