Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already made a back rack for my truck, then thought maybe I'll just make a set of bed rails while i'm at it...

Anybody else done this? I want to make something fairly low profile to the box side, post pics and give me some ideas!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I've been thinking about this lately, maybe doing it in hardwood. It'll have zero function for me, but I think it'd look cool.

I made a 2x4 ladder rack for my old truck. I shaved and sanded it so it wasn't just 2x4's put together, then stained it instead of paint. Actually got some compliments on it. Sorry, no pics. Many years ago.

About 1985 I found an old [email protected] farm truck with wood side rails. Had to get rid of them for a ladder rack, but I thought it was cool.

Anyway, I'm thinking of stained hardwood short side rails on my '03, maybe 1/2 to 2/3 below the cab roof.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of making mine maybe 3" high, basically a raised 1" bar welded in intervals to a steel plate that will bolt to the top of the bed side. Something to give a bit of extra tie down support.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
If you make them, post pics. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.