Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2023 1500 High C 3.0 4x4 crew cab with super cruise
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share this idea as anyone with basic tools and skills can make and install. About $100 in materials. Plastic rodholders from Wally World, a piece of 1.5”, 1/8” thick aluminum angle and 1x6 pvc board from HD and a few misc stainless screws I had laying around. Takes about 2hrs to build and install. Pretty self explanatory. My major requirement was that I wanted to be able to carry rods in it with the tonneau folded up flat and also be able to load my surfboards under or laying on top. That’s why I went with this particular design. I toyed with idea of using the black rodholders and painting it with linex, but decide to take the easy way out. Also, just two screws and its out of there.

Attachments

· Registered
2023 Silverado ZR2
120 Posts
Thought I would share this idea as anyone with basic tools and skills can make and install. About $100 in materials. Plastic rodholders from Wally World, a piece of 1/8” alumimun angle and pvc board from HD and a few misc stainless screws I had laying around. Takes about 2hrs to build and install. Pretty self explanatory. My major requirement was that I wanted to be able to carry rods in it with the tonneau folded up flat and also be able to load my surfboards under or laying on top. That’s why I went with this particular design. I also toyed with using the black rodholders and painting it with linex, but decide to take the easy way out.
Very nice my friend...awesome job! You can sell these things ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts