Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1750 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since chat is and has been broken for some time now, it was suggested by a member to have a thread to act as an impromptu chat room. Obviously wont be the same but I thought it was a good idea he had so why not.

So here it is, chat away. Forum rules still apply so keep it family friendly.

·
Administrator
5,912 Posts
That was a good game.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
If you like contact sports, might I suggest watching one game of professional English rugby. Full contact, no pads, no commercial breaks, time-outs, or other time-wasting things. Non-stop for 45 minute halves.
Give it a look. No skinnyboys in that game.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
9:00am cdt this morning on NBCSN if anyone cares.
Get you some.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,911 Posts
REVIVE!

·
Administrator
5,912 Posts
Waiting for the wife to get home from work. Trying to think of something to make for dinner.

·
Administrator
5,912 Posts
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

·
Super Moderator
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. I went over to the heavy equipment side for a while but I missed doing motor work so I went back to working for International. I'm one of the dealers Cummins techs now.

I liked equipment a lot, just wish we had more engine stuff come in. I worked for a Doosan dealership, but we had a bit of everything on out rental side.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4
3,479 Posts
I made the switch from aircraft mechanic to heavy equipment mechanic. I'm pretty happy with my decision. We get to work a little bit of everything. I'm surprised you didn't see much engine work, we've currently got like 3 or 4 machines with engines out or going back in. It seems like there is always someone breaking in to one.

·
Super Moderator
18,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We got some, but it was usually in the Bobcats, which is too small for my liking.

Didn't really see too many internal failures on the larger motors. Doosan uses perkins motors and their own. Some of the older stuff used Cummins. Obviously the every present emissions systems issues were there.

I do miss parts of the equipment side though. The variety was really nice. I could do pretty much whatever I wanted there. Great company to work for. But on that same token, it was a large company so there was a "chain" of command. Where I'm at now is a family owned dealership so my boss is THE boss. So there is no, "well I'll have to email so and so" only to have them say I'll need to ask this manager, etc.

It has its perks and draw backs. I actually had a job offer from Caterpillar, but turned it down due to the shop near me being smaller and it doesnt have the best reputation. And it was union. I will not work for a union company. I'd much rather do my own bargaining and pave my own path.

I may end up moving more west or south eventually so who knows where that will take me as far as career path goes.

1 - 20 of 1750 Posts