Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

· Administrator, TOTM, How-To Author
9,566 Posts
:cool: Even though it's still overcast, I actually needed my sunglasses this morning. We've had 0% of possible sunshine for the past 8 days, completely overcast and gloomy. Something like 3% of possible sun since January 1st. No wonder everybody is grumpy.

9,566 Posts
We went to Costco and Sam's this morning around 10:30 for various things. We didn't need much or buy much. No lines, well stocked, open registers, no hoarders. The meat case at Sam's was a little thin but there still was plenty from which to choose. Costco had mountains and mountains of cases of water. Both places had pleny of toilet paper. No busier than any other Saturday morning.
Costco had someone out front wiping down the cart handles and handing everyone an extra wet wipe or two. All employees at both stores were wearing latex gloves.
No lines at Sam's gas, either. Paid $1.72 per gallon.
I was expecting the worst and was prepared to leave if it was too bad, but we were in and out in no time.

9,566 Posts
We did our regular shopping this morn, typical Sunday morn for us. Not busy at all. No spaghetti, no peanut butter, limited bread, one small pallet of TP by main entrance with 2 guards; limit 1 pack per purchase. Some shelves were thin but not bare. We saw an asian man with a large shopping cart FULL of meat. Another woman had about 40 bottles of wine (must be she has kids at home - all schools closed for 3 weeks). We found everything we needed/wanted.

I heard Cabella's is running out of 9 mil ammo.

9,566 Posts
I hate it when they try to take our contusions rights away. Sounds more like too many Corona beers instead of coronavirus.

Sam's and Costco at $1.45 this morn. Most other stations around $1.79.

9,566 Posts
Michigan is now on lockdown thru April 13, as mandated by our snarky, Commiecrat Governor. Only essential travel is permitted.

Gas is $1.39 at Sam's, not that anyone will be buying it.

9,566 Posts
Bradley21sanders said:
Geez I can't believe It is closing in on a $1 anywhere.. I VERY faintly remember gas being at or slightly under $1 when I was younger.. I remember my parents talking about it being $0.99.
I remember gas was 24 cents when I was a kid in the early 60's. My dad always put premium that was like 27 cents/gal in his white '60 T-bird.

9,566 Posts
Gestapo tactics. "Show us your papers!" People will start stealing license plates so they don't get stopped.

We're all going to get this virus at some point then we'll be done with it. Might be next month or next year. It's inevitable unless they come up with a vaccine before it gets that far.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts