Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
2721 - 2740 of 2810 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
No that's one thing I actually do right.. I just had to say it due to the white boy changing his own oil comment

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,007 Posts
No that's one thing I actually do right.. I just had to say it due to the white boy changing his own oil comment
And so do I.....Even recycle the filters....and all my waste petroleum distillates like mineral spirits, lacquer thinner, oil based wood stains, etc, get poured in with the waste oil.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wonder why they won't.. insurance is a joke. I guess they just dont know if it was fixed right
Liability reasons. You're asking them to assume Liability for a formerly salvage titled vehicle thay another insurance company deemed umable to repair that they have no way of proving if it was done right or hacked back to its current condition.

And we're not just discussing the Liability of repair... you also have to consider the increased risk of injury to vehicle occupants as well. Will all the safety systems work as they're supposed to. Etc etc etc.

That's a big ask in the insurance world where literally everything is figured into calculated risk assessment that goes into issuing your policy to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 GMC Sierra Limited crew SLT 4x4 Texas Edition
17 Posts
A friend bought a salvage title luxury vehicle that had front and rear damage (not bad but repair parts were super expensive for that vehicle) but the owner refused to accept a repaired vehicle and the insurance company totaled it. Friend did much of the work replacing parts and then a shop did the metal and paint work, he saved a heap of money on a very expensive vehicle. Insurance required a State inspection for safety and then insured it for less than half the value of a non salvage vehicle. Later a deer jumped on the front end while he was traveling 55 mph, insurance again totaled it, friend rebuilt and went through same process a second time. Seems like a lot of trouble but he wanted the luxury and could not afford a new or nearly new one.

·
Registered
Gustafson
356 Posts
A friend bought a salvage title luxury vehicle that had front and rear damage (not bad but repair parts were super expensive for that vehicle) but the owner refused to accept a repaired vehicle and the insurance company totaled it. Friend did much of the work replacing parts and then a shop did the metal and paint work, he saved a heap of money on a very expensive vehicle. Insurance required a State inspection for safety and then insured it for less than half the value of a non salvage vehicle. Later a deer jumped on the front end while he was traveling 55 mph, insurance again totaled it, friend rebuilt and went through same process a second time. Seems like a lot of trouble but he wanted the luxury and could not afford a new or nearly new one.
You say luxury car.... What kind of car is / was this?

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
We have had a couple Audis and BMWs in our family and they arent really that much more to fix unless its an engine/trans issue ha.

Must be a range rover or amg or something silly like that if I had to guess

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,992 Posts
Coworker with a 2016 Silverado has 8 codes on his truck!
P00C6
P015B
P0172
P0301
P050D
P219A
P219B
P228C

That is probably the most I have seen at one time! I brought my scanner to check them for him and I went ahead and cleared them so we will see if they come back. P0301 signals AFM but who knows, probably the HPFP is having some problems since these could all be fuel related.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,730 ·
Anyone know much about the C4 Corvettes?

I have a guy wanting to trade my quad for one. Straight trade. He said it needs work but I need to find out what all is wrong with it.

But say a car that's in fair shape, runs and drives, what's it worth? I never really followed the vettes too much so I haven't the slightest clue on potential values.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
Those look good on there BC

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Last night was first time since May 25th that we had a live NHL playoff game in Dallas and what a freaking awesome atmosphere it was! 💪 Especially since the Stars won. Back there again tomorrow.

Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
Anyone know much about the C4 Corvettes?

I have a guy wanting to trade my quad for one. Straight trade. He said it needs work but I need to find out what all is wrong with it.

But say a car that's in fair shape, runs and drives, what's it worth? I never really followed the vettes too much so I haven't the slightest clue on potential values.
I don't think they are as desirable as the C5/C6 but still could be a fun cheap car to autocross or something.. would sell for 5-10k depending on condition, spec and miles.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
378 Posts
The 80’s C4 Corvettes are pretty much dogs compared to the letter models with the LT1.

·
Super Moderator
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,738 ·
Yeah I'm not sure what exact year it is. I want to say it's 90s though. I may still inquire with him about what all is wrong with it. I don't really have the time nor space to mess with it. But it might be something i could get good enough, quick enough to flip it and make a buck off of maybe. I'm going to text him and see.

I told him I'd rather just sell the quad, and we sort of agreed on a price, but I think he'd rather trade the vette. I'll post a pic in a minute of the car in question

·
Registered
Gustafson
356 Posts
Looks like late 80s, early 90s. Hard to tell from the pictures you posted, but that looks like a TPI vette, not an LT1. Which IMHO makes it even less desirable.

Reactions: Bradley21sanders

·
Super Moderator
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,740 ·
Yeah I texted him to get more details. If it runs and drives I may consider it. Clean up the body and other things like that then flip it. Too bad it's not a c5 lol. I'd be all over it. I prefer the camaros and transams more than the vettes of these years but if there's money to be made I may consider it.

2721 - 2740 of 2810 Posts