Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
2741 - 2760 of 2810 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
That color, though... 🤦‍♂️

Judging by the amount of duct tape used, door/roof seals are gone. If they are gone, the interior is most likely gone too. And so on and so on. You know the drill... Just it running/driving doesn't really mean squat if the rest of it falls as flat as this kinda seems to fall.

Unless the interior and drivetrain are tip top shape, I'd say that's 3-4K car, give or take. And the color doesn't help at all...

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,742 ·
Yeah color is horrid lol.

I'm more apt to take the cash offer and run. Offered me $2k for the quad, so unless the car is in half way decent shape, which obviously as you see by the pics, it isn't great, I'll likely pass since it'd need more work put into it than I have time for. But if it is decent inside and runs/drives, I might be able to make a little more off it than the $2k.

Just wasn't too sure the value of these cars. I'm sure it's like anything where condition is everything, but I don't follow the GM cars too much since for one I don't fit in them great, and they just aren't any use to me except for a toy, and the vettes don't really do it for me personally. If it was a camaro I'd have already traded him for it lol. I like those better, and they are easier to work on from the limited experience I have.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
Getting a lot of mixed reviews on these shelters but thought I would try one out anyway. Going to put the 74 charger in it for a little while along with mower and atv. The garage is just too junky. I would ideally like it to be sealed at the bottom to try and keep mice and snakes out but not sure yet what I can do.

Font Screenshot Software Web page Multimedia

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,007 Posts
Getting a lot of mixed reviews on these shelters but thought I would try one out anyway. Going to put the 74 charger in it for a little while along with mower and atv. The garage is just too junky. I would ideally like it to be sealed at the bottom to try and keep mice and snakes out but not sure yet what I can do.

View attachment 946764
Don't you live out in the country Brad?
Get yourself a "one-tripper" (basically brand new) shipping container. They're rodent and critter proof.
I've got a 20' one. Right now my wife has half, and I have half. I keep all my lawn equipment and tools in it including my ZTR, chipper, pressure washer, etc. Her side has shelves for her "stuff." The charger would fit easily. You'd just need a few ramps to get it in....and you could "deck" it to put stuff above the car.

Reactions: jake2250

·
Registered
715 Posts
We've tried a few of those tents in the extended family. They just don't last.

Few seasons of UV exposure + some wind + cold temps and they fall apart.

The frames survive of course, and you can re deck them with tarps... but yea.. not super coat effective long term.

As mentioned - if you can get a deal on a shipping container... they make great impromptu sheds/barns.

Get some 1-2" crushed concrete brought out to make a nice level pad with drainage for it to sit on so the bottom won't rust out as easy, and you've got years of secure, dry, critter proof storage.

My cousin had one at his house for a couple summers, used it as his construction shed, as well as a place to park his tractor ans the kids quads and golf cart.

People even use them to make cabins/homes out of.

We had discussed getting some property up north - even like just an acre - and having one dropped on there to make a fishing cabin out of that could be secured when we weren't there just by closing it up and locking the doors. Few bunk beds, a solar panel + a few deep cell batteries, some led lights and a few hours of carpentry work and boom instant 8x40 rustic cabin. Down the road have electrical service brought in and then you really have something to work with becauae now heat and basic appliances (stove, mini fridge, coffee maker) are a real viable option.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
Yes and no roo, really small town but still technically in the city limits so whatever I do has to be cleared by the mayor I think. Although they told us no chickens and we have 10... and when we added the porch we didnt ask.

That's unfortunate to hear plant.one but sorta figured they wouldn't last too long. Hoping to need this for only a year, we have something else in the works for a more permanent thing. Just waiting on a couple more quotes

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Time to change the subject, and I'm going to rant.....
Do any of y'all go to "Car and Truck" shows? (Whether for a good cause or not,) and what are your honest opinions of them?

Since I got the TA, I've wanted to attend some shows as a participant, because I loved them as a spectator DECADES AGO.
I went to my first one a couple of weeks ago, and I was thoroughly disappointed. Wow! how they've changed. It was hosted by the Southern Roots Brewing Company in Waco, Texas, and an outfit called "Sippin' Gears," but the only thing that I really enjoyed was the Craft Beer and Pizza.

There was maybe 75 or 80 vehicles there. Of that amount, maybe only 20 or 25 were legitimately "show" vehicles. (Mine, maybe.)
There was a 56 Nomad Wagon, 55 T-Bird, 46 Willys Pickup, 74 Challenger, 72 Chevelle SS, 60 Impala, a couple of 77-72 Chevy Pickups, my favorite, a 62 Buick Electra 225 Convertible, and a few others. The rest were newer and/or lifted pickups that were nothing special, a bunch of new corvettes, a shitload of late model mustangs that were also nothing special, and a few hood rats and ghetto cruisers.

There were some prizes for "best of" or "favorite," but you could tell that the "regulars" voted for each other.

This has really soured my taste for shows after long anticipation. I think I'll spend some time at local "cruise ins" and "like vehicle meetups" instead of shows.

Rant over; Comments welcome.

• Wow
Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,992 Posts
@roorancher No that is pretty accurate, I see these guys online winning top 50 or 75 awards and it's just a rice fest. Also lol'ing at top 50 and 75, I've even seen 200

Had meant to go to the LMCTruck nationals or whatever it is called back in March but never ended up going.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Guess it all depends on what one's definition of a "show" vehicle is. 🤷‍♂️ Haven't been to one in probably close to 10 years, but I do remember also back then the split was kind of similar where there were the classics (cars and trucks) and the newer ones. If somebody wants to show off their new Corvette or clean 10-year old Mustang/Camaro, why not?

For the organizers it's of course more about quantity, not necessarily quality. Or, again, what ever the definition of a "show" car is. The more cars they can get there, the better/more publicity they get for their cause/business.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
Yeah they are mostly for "show" now and not really about the cars.

I had much rather go to local meet ups and cruises. I know back where my wife grew up there is a group of 10 or so cars that always show up on the square every Saturday when they are doing the farmers market stuff.. gets attention and gives an excuse for some of them to drive and get out of the house.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Yup, third period in last night's game sucked. (n) Hope they'll rebound for Friday and push the decision to Sunday's Game 7. I don't want to leave from AAC Friday night knowing that was it for this season... 😬

Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,055 Posts
Attended the local "Autorama" gotta say its been about twenty five years since I have attended this event and I was entertained but disappointed at the same time!
HUGE is all i can say about the amount of cars/trucks. Five giant buildings some two story and a few large outside collections.
$20 plus $10 for parking,, Ok, but I feel I got my fill of cars.
The vintage restoration buildings (2) were full of some really beautiful cars,, I spent allot of my time in there!
The resto rod building was cool to see what some have done talent wise!
Some big name car builders cars in there and allot of them I seen on tv being built so that was cool!
One building a very large one story, was PACKED and I mean packed, bumper to bumper with the low riders and what not cars/trucks,, Some really beautiful work but it was packed in so tight it made my head spin and I feel allot of it was lost because half way thru I felt I was seeing the same thing over and over!
Carnival food was yum!! But me being on the wagon did not do the craft beer and booze any justice!
One thing I did notice,, Not hardly any of the older "Car Show" spectaculars were there? Gotta even wonder if they are still around like the George Barris cars and that era. Like the Hot wheels production cars only a couple I could see!
Only a few of the Leno collection on hand.
I did buy a score card but felt I wasted my money as I found out that the largest amount of votes were to the low rider section!

So my take was,,, I'll stick to the local fair like street vendor car shows,, we have a city a few miles away that closes their main street in the summer for a few weeks and has daily car shows with a wide range of cars mostly locals but a scoring event on the weekends. The "Original" section is where I like to hang out, these cars are bone stock and maintained like they just drove off the show room floor! Some are for sale also!
Our local "Mels" drive in restaurant has car gatherings almost every Friday night during the summer! Nice original cars there!
I am planning a trip to Scottsdale and Vegas for the Meccum and Barett Jackson auctions. Have saved a stash and hopefully might be able to find an out of auction area sale.
Neighbor friend has an Auto auction license and has promised to take me to southern Ca this summer for one of their large annual muscle/collector car auctions.
So we'll see,, maybe this is the year I get a toy! Or not!
A far as these car shows being rigged by the locals,, Yeah I can see that.. But then again some or most of these smaller events are put on by car clubs and if you come in as an "outsider" I would not expect to win unless you had a complete "Show Stopper vehicle" But then again I would only expect those cars at the very large shows.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
Wow thats all he had to pay? the hellcat driver must have been super polite to not get taken in right there. Of the state troopers I know they say its all about attitude. They have warned people doing 110 in a 70 and have cuffed some doing 80 in 70

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Wow thats all he had to pay? the hellcat driver must have been super polite to not get taken in right there. Of the state troopers I know they say its all about attitude. They have warned people doing 110 in a 70 and have cuffed some doing 80 in 70
It's definitely about attitude, Brad....Back in the day, when I was a young man like you, I left Savannah, GA where I was working at the time (78 or 79,) to go visit my folks in Palm Beach FL, about 7 hours. I left about 4AM. Hit Jacksonville about 6. Was going somewhere around 125 or 130 in my 76 black and gold Trans Am, and the next time I looked in my rear view mirror the Sheriff was about a foot off my rear bumper, pointing to the shoulder. I was extra polite, he admitted that I was the only one on the road, and except for the speed I was driving "safely." (no weaving or lane changing.) So he gave me a $25 ticket, took my license and gave me a receipt, and told me they would mail back my license when I paid the fine. Thanked me for being a good "Georgia boy," and told me to slow down.

Reactions: GBSierraSLE

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,520 Posts
The good ole days for sure. I must've died a very young man in my previous life. I am very drawn to that era, vehicles way of life etc.

Reactions: roorancher
2741 - 2760 of 2810 Posts