Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2810 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,992 Posts
If you scroll down on that article you get to see a good boy getting set up with a cart since he cannot use his legs. Very sweet

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,928 Posts
Time to change the subject, and I'm going to rant.....
Do any of y'all go to "Car and Truck" shows? (Whether for a good cause or not,) and what are your honest opinions of them?

Since I got the TA, I've wanted to attend some shows as a participant, because I loved them as a spectator DECADES AGO.
I went to my first one a couple of weeks ago, and I was thoroughly disappointed. Wow! how they've changed. It was hosted by the Southern Roots Brewing Company in Waco, Texas, and an outfit called "Sippin' Gears," but the only thing that I really enjoyed was the Craft Beer and Pizza.

There was maybe 75 or 80 vehicles there. Of that amount, maybe only 20 or 25 were legitimately "show" vehicles. (Mine, maybe.)
There was a 56 Nomad Wagon, 55 T-Bird, 46 Willys Pickup, 74 Challenger, 72 Chevelle SS, 60 Impala, a couple of 77-72 Chevy Pickups, my favorite, a 62 Buick Electra 225 Convertible, and a few others. The rest were newer and/or lifted pickups that were nothing special, a bunch of new corvettes, a shitload of late model mustangs that were also nothing special, and a few hood rats and ghetto cruisers.

There were some prizes for "best of" or "favorite," but you could tell that the "regulars" voted for each other.

This has really soured my taste for shows after long anticipation. I think I'll spend some time at local "cruise ins" and "like vehicle meetups" instead of shows.

Rant over; Comments welcome.
Used to show our trucks at cars and coffee around here then they closed it to only classics, exoctics, specialty vehicles, and cars that sticker for over $100K. That was back when I had no life though. There are others around but they get ruined by someone in a mustang or a bunch of takuache boys with loud music. Every saturday there is a classic show in the parking lot of our local Academy, always wanted to go browse around there but I sleep to late on saturdays haha

Reactions: roorancher

·
Registered
2010 Silverado LS
45 Posts
May 9th fueled the truck at 4.169...4 days later, don't need it but it is 4.759...nearly a 15% plus price increase (east central Illinois) and "they say" inflation is 8.3%? Granted I have no fancy degree in economics but I Was taught arithmetic in school.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,007 Posts
May 9th fueled the truck at 4.169...4 days later, don't need it but it is 4.759...nearly a 15% plus price increase (east central Illinois) and "they say" inflation is 8.3%? Granted I have no fancy degree in economics but I Was taught arithmetic in school.
"Fancy degrees" are worthless and overrated. That's why Dementia Joe wants "us" to pay for them.

Reactions: GBSierraSLE

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Stars force game 7! Excellent. Gonna be a difficult one on Sunday but they can do it!
Bet that was a fun game to be at tonight.
Hell yeah! It was freaking awesome! 💪 Best game Stars played in this series so far. Tomorrow’s game 7 will be huge. Too bad it’s in Calgary.

Let’s see how your Kings do tonight in their game 7.:unsure:

Attachments

Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,381 Posts
Sams was $4.14 about 4 days ago and now it is $4.19
I used your way of calculating the inflation rate and it's a little over 1% here! You sir, are a financial genius, thank you so much for letting me in on the real inflation rate I feel so much better (y)

Disclaimer: This post is in jest and is in no way the correct way of determining inflation rate for the country.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
2,992 Posts
Ordering headers and a tune for the Impala on Monday. I said I wasn’t going to do it but since I’m replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets I decided I just need to do it.

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
Disclaimer: This post is in jest and is in no way the correct way of determining inflation rate for the country.
^^^^ 🤣

Our Sam's was at $3.84 last week; now $4.22.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Haven’t filled up my truck in almost two weeks. Went to Costco this morning and I guess everybody else wanted to get some of that $4.09 gas while they were there. 😬 Spent only 80-some bucks on gas while 400+ inside the store and another 100+ at the liquor store next door. :censored::ROFLMAO:

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Sky Wheel

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,007 Posts
Haven’t filled up my truck in almost two weeks. Went to Costco this morning and I guess everybody else wanted to get some of that $4.09 gas while they were there. 😬 Spent only 80-some bucks on gas while 400+ inside the store and another 100+ at the liquor store next door. :censored::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 946841
And the Prius is in line because?

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
Last Wednesday, I was ready to mow and my 20 year-old Deere (Kohler engine, about 800 hours on it) wouldn't start; just a click. I've had it out 2-3 times this spring, mowing and fertilizing, etc., without problems.
I keep a battery tender on it and it had 12.7 volts. The solenoid was clicking. The positive battery cable was getting really hot. I rapped on the starter with a tack hammer... nothing. Spun the motor over by hand to verify it wasn't seized. Pulled the starter and tried to bench test it and all it did was arc when I put 12 volts to it. It was fried.

Called the local Deere dealer; $240 for a starter and 10-14 days to get it (too old for them to keep in stock). Screw that. Checked a couple of other local shops; nothing available. Ordered a chinezium unit off Amazon; $58.

Fortunately, my son has a nice Deere that he let me borrow so I was able to mow Friday. While I had his tractor, I sharpened his blades, washed it, greased it, filled it with gas, and fixed the left rear deck mount for him.

The new starter was delivered this morning... about a 3 minute job to install; just bump the key and the old girl fired right up. I'll put her to work aerating and spreading lime tomorrow.

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Administrator
7,332 Posts
WTH?!?!?!!! 87 gas is now running $4.49 at Shell and Speedway here. Others likely will soon follow. Sam's is $4.24, at least for now. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
715 Posts
Most of the stations around here are at 4.39

Low prices are 4.24 and highs are in the 4.55 range that I've seen.

GasBuddy Is saying 4.18-4.69

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2761 - 2780 of 2810 Posts