·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts

·
Registered
Gustafson
404 Posts
^^^^^ Start a thread if you do.... I'd like to see that process and how it comes out.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,641 Posts
I have watched hours and hours of videos and read many things. Seems to be like painting.. in the aspect of prep is key and product quality matters. Actually laying it on larger surfaces seems easy but wrapping handles or something with complex curves takes practice.

I will for sure start a thread. I am working on shop plans to hopefully break ground on next spring so maybe I can do this on the side as time permits. That's the plans anyway. Brother wants us to wrap his whole car so that will likely be before the truck.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,055 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Time for vacay!!! Been a long time coming again. 💪 Flying out on Sunday and back just in time for 4th of July. Glad to get the hell out of Dodge and this damn heat. :mad:

BTW, last I checked, gas will be $9.50+/gallon over there.🤘

• Wow
Reactions: GBSierraSLE

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
We had our kitchen floor redone today in Coretec Stone Feronia LVT. They had to remove the back door and it was hotter than hell outside as the fridge shows...
Had to crank up the AC inside to keep from frying.

Home appliance Wood Television set Major appliance Television

·
Registered
847 Posts
$143.31 for a tankful of Chevron's 93 in the 5.3. Spent $850 to fill up the 6.2 last month. Spent $645 so far this month to fill it, the 6.2, up.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
Just filled up this morning at Sams since I was there anyways. Its been a few weeks since I last filled up so I needed a half tank this time.
$63.69 for 13.38 gallons of 87 octane. I should get $6.37 back on the card.

Reactions: swathdiver

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
I see Trump felt the love on Father's Day and decided to help Biden out with his bike skills...

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
Lowes delivery blows.
We bought a new smart stove from them and it was scheduled for delivery today. It said basic install was free and made me buy a gas line kit.
So the guys get here this morning and only 1 guy comes in. I show him where the kitchen is and he tells me I have to unhook the gas line myself, they only deliver. I was kinda ticked off. I figured basic install included unhooking the gas line and hooking up the new stove since they made me buy the damn new gas line.
I go ahead and unhooked it and he started trying to put it on the dolly all rough and I helped him because I didn't want them tearing up our new floor. We get to the back door and he bangs into it then he knocks the stove over and it goes tumbling down the steps on the back porch. Ah well it did still work before, probably not now. After that the 2nd guy finally shows up. 😒
So they bring the new stove in and set it down then want me to sign a paper. I sign it, they tell me everything is inside the stove and they run off. They didn't take off any packing, tape or nothing.
I know I shouldn't have let the fools run away but I just wanted their rough dumb asses out of there anyways at that time but according to the Lowes site they should have unpacked it, set it up, leveled it, checked it out and made sure it was undamaged and working then show us how to use it. I know how to use a damn stove but it would have been nice if they helped me level it at least.
People... :rolleyes:

Love the new stove and how Lowes had it in stock, unlike about every other place around here, but their delivery service will prevent me from buying anything there again if I want it delivered.
Countertop Cabinetry Kitchen Home appliance Wood

Another Lowes story...
When they had our door off Friday putting in the new kitchen floor, I ran to Lowes to get a new door sweep. I ordered it online then went to Lowes to get it before they were finished with the floor. I get there and the order isn't ready for pick up so I went and got it off the shelf then waited in line at the pickup counter and when i got up there I told the lady I was picking up my order but it wasn't ready yet so I went and got it off the shelf. I just want to have it show I picked it up. So the lady looks at it and looks up the order number and says "It says door, that ain't a door". I said no it isn't it's a door sweep. :rolleyes:
So she does whatever on the computer and gives me a receipt and I go to leave then she yells out to me "Sir! I cancelled your order!" I asked her why on Earth she did that and she said "I thought that's what you wanted." Aye yae yae!
I told her I want the damn thing so she tells me she can ring it up again but I told her I left my wallet in the truck and I am in a hurry. I tell her I will just buy it again on my phone and I do that. I show her I paid for it and she says she has to get someone to process my order! wtf. Then she starts helping other people while I wait in line with the damn door sweep I've bought twice now. I wait maybe 5 minutes then tell her I already paid for this twice and I'm leaving, I'm not waiitng on someone to process an order I already paid for and have in my hand.
I get home and call Lowes before they call the cops on me :ROFLMAO:.
I finally get a hold of someone and explain what happened and tell them to just mark my order as picked up that's all. The lady on the phone doesn't understand and keeps asking why I cancelled the order. I keep telling her I didn't do it the dumb ass woman at the register did. She said she will just cancel this last order and I tell her then I would be getting it for free. I keep arguing with her and tell her to just shut up and listen to me. I tell her the whole story again and finally she gets that all she needs to do is mark it as picked up. I get off the phone and thank her. I see later my order was cancelled again...
People again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Lowe's is chocked full of useless people

Reactions: roorancher

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,168 Posts
Meh state taxes would be sufficient for that but I agree. Not like Texas actually fixes their roads. Maybe when 35 is done :,)

3001 - 3020 of 3084 Posts