Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3021 - 3040 of 3084 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,055 Posts
Lowes delivery blows.
We bought a new smart stove from them and it was scheduled for delivery today. It said basic install was free and made me buy a gas line kit.
So the guys get here this morning and only 1 guy comes in. I show him where the kitchen is and he tells me I have to unhook the gas line myself, they only deliver. I was kinda ticked off. I figured basic install included unhooking the gas line and hooking up the new stove since they made me buy the damn new gas line.
I go ahead and unhooked it and he started trying to put it on the dolly all rough and I helped him because I didn't want them tearing up our new floor. We get to the back door and he bangs into it then he knocks the stove over and it goes tumbling down the steps on the back porch. Ah well it did still work before, probably not now. After that the 2nd guy finally shows up. 😒
So they bring the new stove in and set it down then want me to sign a paper. I sign it, they tell me everything is inside the stove and they run off. They didn't take off any packing, tape or nothing.
I know I shouldn't have let the fools run away but I just wanted their rough dumb asses out of there anyways at that time but according to the Lowes site they should have unpacked it, set it up, leveled it, checked it out and made sure it was undamaged and working then show us how to use it. I know how to use a damn stove but it would have been nice if they helped me level it at least.
People... :rolleyes:

Love the new stove and how Lowes had it in stock, unlike about every other place around here, but their delivery service will prevent me from buying anything there again if I want it delivered.
View attachment 947863

Another Lowes story...
When they had our door off Friday putting in the new kitchen floor, I ran to Lowes to get a new door sweep. I ordered it online then went to Lowes to get it before they were finished with the floor. I get there and the order isn't ready for pick up so I went and got it off the shelf then waited in line at the pickup counter and when i got up there I told the lady I was picking up my order but it wasn't ready yet so I went and got it off the shelf. I just want to have it show I picked it up. So the lady looks at it and looks up the order number and says "It says door, that ain't a door". I said no it isn't it's a door sweep. :rolleyes:
So she does whatever on the computer and gives me a receipt and I go to leave then she yells out to me "Sir! I cancelled your order!" I asked her why on Earth she did that and she said "I thought that's what you wanted." Aye yae yae!
I told her I want the damn thing so she tells me she can ring it up again but I told her I left my wallet in the truck and I am in a hurry. I tell her I will just buy it again on my phone and I do that. I show her I paid for it and she says she has to get someone to process my order! wtf. Then she starts helping other people while I wait in line with the damn door sweep I've bought twice now. I wait maybe 5 minutes then tell her I already paid for this twice and I'm leaving, I'm not waiitng on someone to process an order I already paid for and have in my hand.
I get home and call Lowes before they call the cops on me :ROFLMAO:.
I finally get a hold of someone and explain what happened and tell them to just mark my order as picked up that's all. The lady on the phone doesn't understand and keeps asking why I cancelled the order. I keep telling her I didn't do it the dumb ass woman at the register did. She said she will just cancel this last order and I tell her then I would be getting it for free. I keep arguing with her and tell her to just shut up and listen to me. I tell her the whole story again and finally she gets that all she needs to do is mark it as picked up. I get off the phone and thank her. I see later my order was cancelled again...
People again :rolleyes:
I believe I have that same Stove in my Pool House, only I run it on Propane. I also have the choice of either the "standard" cooktop or a griddle in the center section. Great for pancakes or tortillas.
I stopped buying appliances locally a long time ago. When needed I but them all from www.appliancesconnection.com. Great prices and free white glove delivery. I install all that stuff myself, because I'm too much of a perfectionist to let anyone else do it, and odds are I wouldn't like something they did and I'd have to redo it. last items I bought from them was a Whirlpool Washer and Dryer stackable combo. Had them in fewer than 10 business days.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Paid $4.39 for Sunoco 87 in Waco this morning.......................

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,026 ·
I filled my truck the other day at the sheetz I stop at on the way home from the semi local honky-tonk to grab food and it was the cheapest around at $5.95. Still ripped me nearly $200. Need to stop letting the truck go past 1/4 tank lol.

Been driving the cruze but the Ole lady likes the truck too much so I end up driving it most places anyway.

But on the plus side, my 86 has been free to drive the past 200 some odd miles since I've been making my own fuel for it.

·
Registered
Gustafson
404 Posts
I filled my truck the other day at the sheetz I stop at on the way home from the semi local honky-tonk to grab food and it was the cheapest around at $5.95. Still ripped me nearly $200. Need to stop letting the truck go past 1/4 tank lol.

Been driving the cruze but the Ole lady likes the truck too much so I end up driving it most places anyway.

But on the plus side, my 86 has been free to drive the past 200 some odd miles since I've been making my own fuel for it.
As soo as I do the brakes on mine I'll be back in that to / from work.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,030 ·
My buddy has one that's lost some poundage and it consistently gets 55mpg on the highway, and has way more get up than my little 1.4T can offer lol

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,168 Posts
I really want a diesel canyon, they say they can get 30 MPG on the highway before losing weight.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,168 Posts
Don't need it for towing but I just like being in a truck especially one I can really beat on like a canyon.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Putin's price hike again? Freaking liar!!!

If you want the real truth, read the letters to Biden from the ExxonMobil and Chevron CEOs. Right on point.

Furthermore, former governor of Texas, and Energy Secretary Rick Perry told Biden this week if he really wanted to lower energy prices he should send a "Special Envoy" to Midland, Texas, to meet with gas and oil producers, not Venezuela or Saudi Arabia!!

Right after he finished that diatribe of falsehoods he pivoted and started talking about the Fall Pandemic, so they could change election law and cheat in the midterms.

Not gonna happen!

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,445 Posts
Font Rectangle Document Monochrome photography Paper

Reactions: imherefortheride

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,641 Posts
Due to the market currently wont buy but seriously torn between the 2500 and 1500 now with this new engine being a good one so far.
I assume it would be emission in tact because of WHO it is that said it but the person also made mention the ECM is being cracked so hmmm

The statement from the man himself, "3.0 in the works - but still have to get the ECU bypassed. No ETA, but I do expect by the end of the year for ECU flashing and by the end of summer for modules.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,641 Posts
Got the roll of wrap in.. hopefully I can get around to laying it on the old hood I got to practice paint correction a while back. I dont remember if it has rock chips on it or anything but I am hoping it does so I can see what it looks like wrapped over them. From what I have read you really should sand any rust out (obviously) then bondo or some sort of self leveling paint filler like from dr color chip or similar. But if you dont it just may be "not perfect" up close if the chip is really large.. not sure how large "really large" is yet either.

I will attempt to do a thread and later a how to when I wrap the truck. Just have to decide on a color. Which is the hardest part considering you cant buy a sample book which is stupid. This is what my brother picked out and its a bit lighter and a little more glossy than expected.

3021 - 3040 of 3084 Posts