·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
+1 on the 'DUH!!'

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
However, the carmaker still predicted in a press release it will make between $9.6 billion and $11.2 billion total in 2022.

drop in the hat for them since they cant fix the flawed ICE designs they will just go heavy into electric.

Maybe all car manf should merge and build the exact same ugly electric car

Reactions: Quinc and RedSLEd

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Anyone have recommendations on security cameras they like for the ext of the home? looking to put 4 of them and would like to be able to check them via phone/laptop and also roll back in the event I am gone for the weekend and someone steals something that weekend.

Despite being young electronics and such are not my forte.

I have 120 outlets very close to the locations I would like to use.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
I have installed Reolink cameras at my girlfriend's parent's apartment and at her dad's shop. They work and are pretty damn good. I also added solar panels to them.

Saying that though they are cloud based and are not my favorite. I prefer something local that you could just remote into a computer to check the cameras when not at home.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
1,928 Posts
I bought a Swann system awhile ago, using cables to camera (as it's relatively easy to disrupt wifi signals). The camera's are powered via the cable to it, so they don't need an outlet nearby, just some where the head unit is. They are 4K camera's and have good day and night images. The only complaint I have about it is Swann are complete f'ing morons when it comes to user interface, from their base not supporting using a keyboard but also demanding a long, complex password all the time (it sucks typing on an on-screen keyboard using a mouse), and the rest of the UI is similarly stupid. It can do what you want, but it's like someone who still uses Windows 3.1 all the time made the software.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
We have Nest cams, inside and outside. They're kind of pricey. Have had them for several years. Easy to set-up and use via the app. They require a/c power but connection is wifi. The cameras we have are 1080p so the resolution isn't the greatest, but it's okay. Night vision is black/white but is a good image. Lots of options on notifications. Can save video clips indefinitely.

We had trouble with one that kept dropping every few minutes. I did a factory reset on it and it's been trouble free ever since. (Knock on wood.) Nest is owned by Google now, which I'm not too happy about. I don't want Google knowing anything more about me. LOL

My wife thought it was dumb to install them but we've gotten our monies worth. Among other incidents, we once caught our yard service company charging us for things they never did.

Reactions: Bradley21sanders

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,075 Posts
I have two Ring cameras, one is the doorbell and the other is on the garage. Gives me a good view of vehicles parked in the driveway.
My neighbor across the street has given me access to her ring cameras mounted on her garage facing my house as I have shared my garage camera with her.
So the two of us have a really good view of whats going on out front!
The cameras are expensive and you gotta pay for service plus make sure you have "Cloud" to store videos. But other than that they have been reliable and in service for over five years now!

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,467 Posts
Sam's is now $3.81 for regular ($3.62 with discount)

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
I filled up at 3.69 the other day and was blown away. Now if only it would go back to 2.69 I would be happy with it there

·
Registered
723 Posts
Filled up just over 20 gals into my truck on Friday at my McKinney Costco at $3.43/gal.
Got myself 15 mpgs on this last tank too.. Can't be terribly mad at that for the age of this truck either. :D

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I know a guy selling an LTZ taillight kit!
Hmmm... If it's well priced, I might be interested. 😁

I have two Ring cameras, one is the doorbell and the other is on the garage. Gives me a good view of vehicles parked in the driveway.
My neighbor across the street has given me access to her ring cameras mounted on her garage facing my house as I have shared my garage camera with her.
So the two of us have a really good view of whats going on out front!
The cameras are expensive and you gotta pay for service plus make sure you have "Cloud" to store videos. But other than that they have been reliable and in service for over five years now!
+1 on the Ring stuff. Have had them in the new house for almost three years now and I'm happy with them. The cloud subscription is kinda expensive, IMO, but it could save me money at some point, so I'll pay. We have doorbell, one camera facing driveway and spotlights w/cameras on both sides of the house facing the street. Cameras are battery operated, so I had to buy a couple of extra batteries to have one ready to go any time one is about to die.

Reactions: jake2250

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
You must be retired or something.. You have way too much time to do fun things. :p :LOL: Have a great trip!
I wish... 🤦‍♂️ Just happen to work for a pretty good company with pretty good benefits such as 7 weeks of vacation time. 😁 And since it's use-it-or-lose-it, you betcha I'm going to use them all. 💪

Got back last night around 7.30 and what a fun trip it was again. Altogether 2400+ miles and the only somewhat miserable miles were the 400+ miles yesterday back home in the 105+ degree heat. Still beats a day at the office and the cooling vest made it much more bearable. Even the thunderstorm with rain/hail/wind we rode through in NM on Saturday was fun compared to work. :ROFLMAO: Attached is what one of the guys did for a little wrap-up.

Can't wait for the next trip which will be the NC at the end of September. That will also be the first longer test my new custom Russell Day Long seat that I wasn't able to get for this trip.

Map Line Screenshot Font Parallel

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Hmmm... If it's well priced, I might be interested. 😁
He's asking $400, but that includes the phil gamboa harness.

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Wow, awesome. Looks like quite a ride!
It sure was! Now I just have to figure out what to do with the hours and hours of GoPro videos. LOL!

Here's one I uploaded one evening during the trip. Did some off-pavement stuff for about 15 miles. And that wasn't even the shortest one. Who needs an adventure bike when you can do the same stuff with a 767lb wet weight bike. Plus all the gear and a largeass rider. 😁 Apologies for the bug splatter on the lens and a slightly misaligned camera angle. 🤦‍♂️

3181 - 3200 of 3254 Posts