Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3254 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
3,322 Posts
My job bought me this one to do some work for them. I have been flying around with it and getting comfortable and may expand my work. I know some people who would be interested in aerial photos.

This drone is cool, made in the USA so that is a plus.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
Cool! What brand is it?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Friend of mine works in supply chain at Skydio and I've had a chance to play with their drones and they're pretty damn cool. (y)

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
So we are just going to redefine the definition of recession since all of this inflation due mainly to tree hugging lets go green is blowing up in the white houses face huh. Well that and biden being in cahoots with china and trying to make a buck.

We are most definitely in a recession if you didnt know already

Reactions: roorancher

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Going to have my wife's Suburban detailed by a mobile detailer tomorrow. Never done that before, so I guess we'll see how that goes... :unsure: Gonna be quite a bit of money, but the guy/company seemed to at least have some good reviews.

The hood is starting to fade a bit from the sun and wife's been bugging me about it for a while already. Decided to have the guy do the whole exterior, interior, paint correction etc. while he's here. 🤷‍♂️

The I also bought OEM LED harness with Phil Gamboa retrofit harness for the tail lights on my truck and working on a deal to get a new pair of lights, too.

Doing my best to try to keep the economy running and money circulating! 💪😁

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
If its fading surely they will check clear coat depth instead of paint correcting and burning through it. That would suck for them.

Oh the "gooberment" is trying to do that too. Going to pump about half a trillion into itself to help with inflation.. too bad it will cause it to raise more or stay high lol. Haven't checked on the bill in a couple days though.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If its fading surely they will check clear coat depth instead of paint correcting and burning through it. That would suck for them.
Yes, they will. IMO, it's not too bad. Yet. That's why it needs to be done before it goes any further. I sure as hell hope it can be revived properly. 🤞

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Oh they will be able to get it back nice, just a matter of how much clear will be left after. I might would even ask if they could tell you a before and after thickness just to know.
Going to ceramic coat or something too or are you going to maintain with sealant and waxing it?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Prices for the ceramic coating are a bit salty for my taste, so not at least this time. I’ll first see how it comes out now.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Other than the hood, the Suburban came out awesome inside and out. The guy and his wife worked on the truck from 8:15pm until 4.45pm.

No idea WTH happened to the hood so suddenly, but part of it barely has clear coat left and weird scratches on it too. No issues with the roof or the sides, just that one spot in the middle of the hood. Probably going to have to get it painted.🤬

Now wife has a proper baseline as to what it should look like inside/out and I can bug her every time if it gets nasty as usual. :rolleyes:

Plant Hood Asphalt Car Road surface

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,212 · (Edited)
Another rocker and cab corner job in the books. I will say the extended cabs are significantly easier than the crew cabs. A regular cab would be a dream lol.

Did both sides rockers and both cab corners. It's not perfect, but for a driveway job, working on it after work, I'd say it's pretty damn good lol.

Welded most of it, and then used body adhesive for the rest. I feel bad if they ever need to be done again, because they will be in for a nasty surprise with that adhesive lol.

3 light coats of base color, and 2 light coats of clear, then a gloss coat. Looks pretty good color wise. This color is very hard to match I've found.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
That looks great!

·
Super Moderator
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,214 ·
Yeah its not perfect, but it's FAR better than what was there lol. Each cab corner was basically gone, and the rockers all but fell off once I drilled the upper spot welds off.

She'll be super happy with it. Not sure if she'll make the trip this weekend or not. Coming from Ohio to pick it back up. I still need to get the bed and 5th wheel rails bolted back up. But thats a quick thing to do after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
Gustafson
436 Posts
Other than the hood, the Suburban came out awesome inside and out. The guy and his wife worked on the truck from 8:15pm until 4.45pm.

No idea WTH happened to the hood so suddenly, but part of it barely has clear coat left and weird scratches on it too. No issues with the roof or the sides, just that one spot in the middle of the hood. Probably going to have to get it painted.🤬

Now wife has a proper baseline as to what it should look like inside/out and I can bug her every time if it gets nasty as usual. :rolleyes:

View attachment 948788
View attachment 948787
That hood looks weird. I wonder WTF happened to it?

Are you the original owner?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
That hood looks weird. I wonder WTF happened to it?

Are you the original owner?
Sure does. They were pretty puzzled about it too. Especially with the scratches that are there as they are just in that one area and not the whole hood.

My wife is the second owner. Bought it directly from the first owner. Hasn't been painted.

·
Registered
Gustafson
436 Posts
Another rocker and cab corner job in the books. I will say the extended cabs are significantly easier than the crew cabs. A regular cab would be a dream lol.

Did both sides rockers and both cab corners. It's not perfect, but for a driveway job, working on it after work, I'd say it's pretty damn good lol.

Welded most of it, and then used body adhesive for the rest. I feel bad if they ever need to be done again, because they will be in for a nasty surprise with that adhesive lol.

3 light coats of base color, and 2 light coats of clear, then a gloss coat. Looks pretty good color wise. This color is very hard to match I've found.

That looks excellent! I know who to call in 10 years when mine go.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,218 ·
Lol. This is my second go around with them. First set was on my brother's truck. Now this set on my friends truck.

Body work guy I am not, but I have learned some tricks in doing these two. I think the next time I do them will turn out even better. It's an art form to do good body work. Not my favorite thing to do, but they aren't horrible, just takes time.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
No idea WTH happened to the hood so suddenly, but part of it barely has clear coat left and weird scratches on it too.
If it wasn't like that before then they burned through the clear coat trying to correct it unfortunately. I wouldnt be suprised if it doesnt start flaking after a couple washes and being in the sun etc.

Yeah traxx, I got a charger I need to come drop off for body work! I have done it once and do not like it.

3201 - 3220 of 3254 Posts