Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3221 - 3240 of 3254 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,221 ·
Yeah its not my favorite thing in the world lol. Maybe if I did it more and had the right tools to do it, it'd be better.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,467 Posts
Gas is down to $3.69 at Sams Club.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
Apparently Washington state has passed this for the public schools. It would be fun to raise my two to challenge the teacher(s) with biblical references proving how stupid this is.
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern

• Angry
Reactions: RedSLEd

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
This seemed too cheap to be true I thought. I got this three piece set that came with two batteries and a charger for $269 plus there was an option for an extra m12 2.0 Ah battery not pictured (arriving tomorrow) for free.

kit number 2598-22-2567-20

normally this all costs $450 ish plus tax and I’m all in shipping and tax for $292

Font Red Material property Carmine Electric blue

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,082 Posts
This is priceless.
Font Gas Road surface Motor vehicle Metal

• Haha
Reactions: tsuintx

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Woww... that's wild.
There are so many issues with electric vehicles.. It's insane to me that they are being pushed so hard.
Try this one......
"This machine is required to move 500 tons of earth/ ore which will be refined into one lithium car battery. It burns 900-1000 gallons of fuel in a 12 hour shift.
Lithium is refined from ore using sulfuric acid. The proposed lithium mine at Thacker Pass is estimated to require up to 75 semi loads of sulfuric acid a day! The acid does not turn into unicorn food like AOC believes.
A battery in an electric car, lets say an average Tesla, is made of 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum,
steel, and plastic, etc...... averaging 750-1,000 pounds
of minerals, that had to be mined and processed into a battery that merely stores electricity..... Electricity which is generated by oil, gas, coal, or water (and a tiny fraction of wind and solar)....
That is the truth, about the lie, of "green" energy.
There’s nothing green about the green new deal. You people better learn how to vote or this nonsense will continue to flow down on top of you from the throne of government you put these people on."
Sky Tire Land vehicle Cloud Wheel

·
Registered
2013 Sierra SLE CC 2500HD Duramax
883 Posts
Try this one......
"This machine is required to move 500 tons of earth/ ore which will be refined into one lithium car battery. It burns 900-1000 gallons of fuel in a 12 hour shift.
Lithium is refined from ore using sulfuric acid. The proposed lithium mine at Thacker Pass is estimated to require up to 75 semi loads of sulfuric acid a day! The acid does not turn into unicorn food like AOC believes.
A battery in an electric car, lets say an average Tesla, is made of 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum,
steel, and plastic, etc...... averaging 750-1,000 pounds
of minerals, that had to be mined and processed into a battery that merely stores electricity..... Electricity which is generated by oil, gas, coal, or water (and a tiny fraction of wind and solar)....
That is the truth, about the lie, of "green" energy.
There’s nothing green about the green new deal. You people better learn how to vote or this nonsense will continue to flow down on top of you from the throne of government you put these people on."
View attachment 948897
Just like the side effects of drugs in commercials, I want to see the side effects of lithium mining in electric vehicle commercials. Pretty sure people would think twice about it especially if the mine is in their back yard.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD CC 4wd Z71 6.6 Duramax

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
Apparently Washington state has passed this for the public schools. It would be fun to raise my two to challenge the teacher(s) with biblical references proving how stupid this is.
View attachment 948842
Forget the Biblical references Brad, (even though I am somewhat a person of faith,) How about just basic grade school biology? You know, XX, XY chromosomes.

Reactions: RedSLEd

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,797 Posts
That would be way too obvious roo.. They probably think they have XXXY so they can pick and choose.

3221 - 3240 of 3254 Posts