Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3401 - 3420 of 3497 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
I have to give it to the Longhorns they at least gave Alabama a run for their money and it was a close game but as usual Texas screwed up and lost...

Sleeve Gesture Art Font Illustration

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Nevermind, I don't give anything to the Longhorns when their coach said "We didn't lose today, we ran out of time." 😂
What a dufus.

I like these responses
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Software

Font Rectangle Parallel Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Sam's dropped 8 cents over night, down to $3.24 now

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,124 Posts
Although I didn't take the truck, (took the "blackbird" top down,) yesterday my wife and I went to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose to see the dinosaur tracks. Beautiful park.
Round trip on a 2 lane we had never taken before. Coming home, less than 10 miles from the house, I desperately needed gas, and happened upon a gas station still branded Shamrock. (Diamond Shamrock.)

Came to find out Valero bought out Diamond Shamtock back in 05, and this privately owned station never replaced its signage. Also learned that Valero is a top tier fuel.

Put some 93 in the Bird, (15,2 Gallons into a 15.5 gallon tank; it still read 1/8th,) and headed home.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,124 Posts
Thank you bud I appreciate it. Loving it so far!
Not so fast, Kemosabe.....That Student Loan payoff has not gone thru yet, and it will be challenged in court. The "empty suit" cannot allocate the funds, only Congress can, AND he cannot piggyback it to Corona relief. Unload the truck.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
3,583 Posts
I was getting the truck whether the student loans went payoff or not
I still have my student loan payoff fund sitting in my account untouched.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
Not even going to tell a lie, there are days I wish I had just opened up my own shop welding/fabricating things or doing engine rebuilds instead of getting a 4 year degree.

Its relaxing to do those things too me, but someone that does it everyday might say otherwise I suppose.

Do you ever get tired of seeing the same things?

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,415 ·
I enjoy it most days.

What gets old sometimes is dealing with the warranty side of things. Like I can have a truck come in, and withing 10 minutes know exactly what the problem is, and how to fix it. But if I don't jump through the warranty hoops, we don't get paid for it.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
Ah yeah that would be frustrating. Do they ever try to force a Band-Aid fix or something like that? I imagine a lot of stuff is black and white as far as this is the problem, and this is what we need.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,417 ·
Not so much bandaid fixes, but more so the typical try this, then try that type stuff. I wish on those types of jobs I could just do my thing and fix the issue at hand.

Prime example is actually this truck here with the duramax in it. Came in for excessive coolant pressure and engine sound. I heard an obvious knocking. The oem (not technically GM in this case) wanted me to do a cylinder leakage test, which I did and found both banks passing cylinder pressure into the cooling system. So as i expected, head gaskets and warped heads due to it being overheated. I kept insisting that I need to also diagnose the knock noise. They wanted the new heads put on and run the engine. Wouldn't have it any other way.

So I did, fire it up and obviously the knock was still there. Then and only then, they asked for a video, so I sent that to them and they said replace the long block. So I had all that time and work, and new parts installed for nothing. Just to now do what it needed to start with. So figure $10k down the drain and start all over now.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I can understand that. At my job we sometimes drop some cash down the drain on things that could be repaired but mostly we just buy new. The way I figure it is that if they cared enough about wasting all that money and what not then they would do it the right way.

You repairing things and then having to pull it back apart is a little different than my example but just a thought I guess.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I always THINK I enjoy working on vehicles.. until I have to work on vehicles.
Busted knuckles, cursing, worry, angst (did I do it right? Is it going to catch fire? Will it even work?), double/triple checking, OCD, takes me forever...
Then I'm like.. Dang that sucked. haha!
Two days later.. "I should buy a project vehicle..." 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I like working on vehicles but I do not like tedious jobs or jobs that seem to be leading nowhere. My extended cab right now is the main example, everything keeps checking out but nothing works lol

3401 - 3420 of 3497 Posts