Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3421 - 3440 of 3497 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
Seems like the video would have been the end all in the first place but no had to throw parts at it geez

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,422 ·
Yup. They insisted that the new heads would fix it. But luckily I have all the documentation of me telling them about it numerous times, and me saying that it has a knock and it's not just heads lol.

And our rep is here today so I talked with him about it and he is going to make sure we get paid for the work we did since it's plain as day that I was telling them it's got bottom end damage and it's not just heads.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,124 Posts
Yup. They insisted that the new heads would fix it. But luckily I have all the documentation of me telling them about it numerous times, and me saying that it has a knock and it's not just heads lol.

And our rep is here today so I talked with him about it and he is going to make sure we get paid for the work we did since it's plain as day that I was telling them it's got bottom end damage and it's not just heads.
Good for you Eric!
I had a boss in my aviation days that always used to say: "If it ain't in writing, it don't exist"!!

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,424 ·
Yeah I document everything. I even take pictures with time, date, and vin number of the truck on them so it's indisputable lol. Got burned a few times with the oem telling us to do something and then when we file for warranty, they deny it saying they never said that lol. So now all my correspondence with the oem is kept on file and can be forwarded as needed.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
You would do well in the engineering field like that. Was talking with a PE (fancy certified professional engineer) when I was thinking about doing it and he worked with cities. Said it was the biggest nightmare ever with things similar to that and some even went as far as trying to forge his name and change approvals to build.

That's a great practice for sure. Trying to get the wife to do the same in her line of work.

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
I know its ford but I wish others would do the same. Seems they are still going to invest and keep ICE around as long as possible whereas GM is going to go all electric.

This was a statement from ford CEO, "If they’re not able to be sold in California, so be it, but there are plenty of other places to drive a Mustang in the United States."

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Sams down to $3.19 for regular

·
Administrator
8,126 Posts
Sam's here is still $3.49. I noticed diesel is $5.49. Yikes! Glad I don't use that.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Dropped another penny to $3.18 at Sam's now. If it drops 3 more cents then I'll be paying under $3 after the 5% discount

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Nebraska CornShuckers were creamed today and banished to the corn field
Sooners take the win 49-14 :D (y)

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: Bradley21sanders

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
If I win the lottery you wont know but there will be signs...

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Sam's is down to $3.13 now, $2.97 after 5% discount.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Field full of squares! Nice.

BTW.. filled up my tank this morning at Bucees for $3.11/gal. :sneaky: I'm a little bummed that I'm kinda happy about it being "that low" even though it's actually "that high" still. :censored:
Saw $2.98 today in Waco, and I love Bucees!!!

·
Administrator
8,126 Posts
WTH?! Our Sam's is still $3.49 and many stations have gone up to $3.89 for 87. Grrrrrrr!

3421 - 3440 of 3497 Posts