Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3441 - 3460 of 3497 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Yep another guy I know in Michigan said gas went up to $3.85 near him. Luckily ours is staying lower and dropping a little even.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,933 Posts
Filled up for $53 this morning at costco

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Had to go to the office for a couple of meetings yesterday and decided to ride the bike even though it was going to be high-90s in the afternoon on the way back home.

At a stop light less than a mile before the office I noticed TPMS warning light blinking red and rear tire pressure going down pretty fast. :mad: Got to the parking garage with about 25psi remaining (42psi is recommended). That's all I needed...

Luckily a buddy of mine who works with the same company and lives a few miles away had a pump with him in his bike, so put air in it in the afternoon on our way home. Didn't see or hear anything, so we headed out but pressure started falling again. After 10 miles or so we had to stop and pump more and that time finally heard the air coming out from the middle of the tread.

Still had another 15 miles to go to get home and had to fill the tire twice before I made it. Pulled the thing out and looks almost like a piece of a box cutter blade. Really stiff piece of metal. No use to try to plug that, I think, so had order a new tire. And this one only had just over 3K miles on it, damn it! But had to do it since we're heading out for a 2K+ mile trip to NC next week.

That's my story for today... 🤷‍♂️

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,124 Posts
Had to go to the office for a couple of meetings yesterday and decided to ride the bike even though it was going to be high-90s in the afternoon on the way back home.

At a stop light less than a mile before the office I noticed TPMS warning light blinking red and rear tire pressure going down pretty fast. :mad: Got to the parking garage with about 25psi remaining (42psi is recommended). That's all I needed...

Luckily a buddy of mine who works with the same company and lives a few miles away had a pump with him in his bike, so put air in it in the afternoon on our way home. Didn't see or hear anything, so we headed out but pressure started falling again. After 10 miles or so we had to stop and pump more and that time finally heard the air coming out from the middle of the tread.

Still had another 15 miles to go to get home and had to fill the tire twice before I made it. Pulled the thing out and looks almost like a piece of a box cutter blade. Really stiff piece of metal. No use to try to plug that, I think, so had order a new tire. And this one only had just over 3K miles on it, damn it! But had to do it since we're heading out for a 2K+ mile trip to NC next week.

That's my story for today... 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 950079

View attachment 950078

View attachment 950080
Are you the bald guy with the pump on the ground, or did you make your buddy do it? Bald is beautiful!

• Haha
Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
If you are into women bald is definitely not beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,124 Posts
I usually read Karl Denninger for other things, but rhis was worth a share.

Brad, you'll like this.

Reactions: Bradley21sanders

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,956 Posts
@roorancher dang that race looks terrible. Also that whole new tire thing escalated rather quickly

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
American Moto Tire comes through once again! Placed order online Wednesday evening. Had to call them on Thursday morning to change the order since I mistakenly ordered the non-GT version of the Michelin tire. Guy fixed it and tire was at my door on Friday before noon. All this with free shipping and no tax collected.

Sure, it helps that they have a warehouse just south of DFW, but still. They have great customer service, too. Ordered from them many times over the years and will keep doing that.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,456 ·
I'll have to keep them in mind when it's time for tires for my bike. Luckily the previous owner installed a new set before I bought it so I should be good for a bit yet though.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,505 Posts
Fun watching TT beat the Longturds today but then OU played the Kansas Wildcats and well, this happened...

Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Felidae Companion dog

😩

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
For once a Ford that is easy to change plugs on. Maybe it’s because the hybrid only needs four of them and Ford can’t bury them under all kinds of crap like in the trucks.

Plugs didn’t look too bad, but at 204K and not not knowing when they were changed last, I might as well. At least not in the last 50K my daughter has had it. Haha! Changed also coils since it had a couple of misfire codes.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Auto part Gas

Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Water Ammunition

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hey, look at that.. when you put the old ones next to the new ones.. you finally have enough to have a real engine. ;)

Nice work. I love a good easy plug change. My old inline 6 cyl 3-series BMW used to be the same way. Super easy to change. Take off the cover and all 6 run right down the middle.

3441 - 3460 of 3497 Posts