2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
The new HD is surprisingly less ugly than the last one

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,870 Posts
Yeah I would consider buying that version, really didnt like the 2020-current silverados but do like the sierras.

·
Registered
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,899 Posts
No explanation necessary.
BTW....gas was back down to $3.99 this morning....

• Haha
Reactions: Chevrolado

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Wow.. so bad. That's not even a very heavy load either... Sheesh. Imagine if he had taken it to purchase a newer vehicle.

·
Administrator
9,126 Posts
Gas shot up here today. Most stations now $4.19 again. Sam's is $3.78 for 87. All because of some BS excuse of 'unplanned maintenance' at a refinery. Somebody probably spilled their coffee and they had unplanned maintenance because they had to mop the floor. WTH?!

And of course there is hurricane Ian. We'll be paying $5 again by the weekend even though we are 1,200 miles from FL. 🤬

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,621 Posts
I went and filled up yesterday at Sams while it was still $3.13 because I figured it would probably start going up. It actually dropped a penny today down to $3.12 :D

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,470 ·
Buddy brought over an absolute gem for me to work on today. 2005 ccsb duramax with only 73k on the clock. Not a spec of rust anywhere on this thing. I'll grab some pics tomorrow in the light.

Can't believe how clean the thing is for a PA truck. Definitely has never been driven in the winter.

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,870 Posts
Tomi, I was in natchez this past weekend, saw this and with all of your traveling wondered if youve been?

Font Poster Advertising Motor vehicle Signage

Clean truck eric, just would need a bit more tire for me.

Gas went from 2.97 to 3.19 over two nights, FJB

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,870 Posts
Is there something you have used to clean oil leaks off engines, trans, and crossmembers etc that works great?

On the farm we never really cleaned up a lot of stuff other than some purple power mixed 1:1 and a pressure washer.

Is there anything better these days? It can be used in a pump sprayer or aerosol can don't care. After I fix my oil cooler lines and transmission lines I am going to clean everything underneath good. Then spray with something for protection.

I was reading this and haven't ever used any of them, though have hear of sonnax in general being a good product. And I have heard of the gunk before.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Is there something you have used to clean oil leaks off engines, trans, and crossmembers etc that works great?

On the farm we never really cleaned up a lot of stuff other than some purple power mixed 1:1 and a pressure washer.

Is there anything better these days? It can be used in a pump sprayer or aerosol can don't care. After I fix my oil cooler lines and transmission lines I am going to clean everything underneath good. Then spray with something for protection.

I was reading this and haven't ever used any of them, though have hear of sonnax in general being a good product. And I have heard of the gunk before.
I'm still using "old school" Gunk. Aerosol....They have a foam version now.

Reactions: Bradley21sanders

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Interesting Observation:

It is fortunate that as of the current moment, electric vehicles constitute only about 100,000, out of nearly 8 million vehicles registered to drive on Florida’s roads. What if they all were electric, the (impractical) dream dream of greenies?
Depending on how heavily loaded they were, even assuming everyone had a full battery charge, cars from southern Florida would start running out of juice after 100 – 250 miles. They would then have to spend hours at recharging stations, which would rapidly be clogged with other cars and trucks waiting their turn, since an electricity “fill up” can easily take an hour or more, as compared to a couple of minutes for gasoline. Cars waiting to be charged would spill onto the highways, potentially blocking traffic.
Those cars that ran out of juice on the highway would block traffic. Even assuming that emergency service vehicles could get to them (unlikely if the entire fleet were electric cars), towing a portable generator (powered by fossil fuels, of course) and recharging the stalled vehicles would take plenty of time, as well, further blocking traffic. The stranded cars would, of course, have no air conditioning, no wipers, no GPS.

In all likelihood, the highways would become vast parking lots, trapping their passengers wherever they happened to be stalled, waiting for the storm and flood waters to reach them, unable to get to safety.

It is a nightmare scenario, and it is perfectly predictable. California and other states have already mandated a conversion to an all-electric vehicle fleet. When natural disaster strikes and the fleet is electric vehicles, the disaster will be compounded if this mad scheme is carried through.

Reactions: RedSLEd
3461 - 3480 of 3744 Posts