Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3661 - 3680 of 3740 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah same way Biden "won". It's another situation where the cities control the state. Plus I have zero faith in the election integrity in this state, or country for that matter
That is an interesting thing to note.. Ive just noticed that with the results of this election.. I was looking at "Blue States" where the vast majority is Red other than a couple major cities..
Got me thinking, why is it that most big cities become Blue? or.. most Blue voters flock to big cities maybe? Dont know.. interesting though.

·
Premium Member
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 210,000 mi
18,256 Posts
That is an interesting thing to note.. Ive just noticed that with the results of this election.. I was looking at "Blue States" where the vast majority is Red other than a couple major cities..
Got me thinking, why is it that most big cities become Blue? or.. most Blue voters flock to big cities maybe? Dont know.. interesting though.

Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Auto part Technology

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,216 Posts
Education plays a large part in this whether people agree with me or not.
And I am not saying that Group A has more or less intelligence than Group B.

·
Registered
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,898 Posts
Education plays a large part in this whether people agree with me or not.
And I am not saying that Group A has more or less intelligence than Group B.
America is largely stupid......and DC is certainly not immune to stupidity.

Reactions: shakenfake

·
Administrator
9,111 Posts
This is why some (many?) want to abolish the Electoral College... so big cities like NY, Chicago, Seattle, San Fran, LA, etc., can dictate national election results and rule over the other 300,000,000 citizens. Pure BS!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
The deer know the weather is about to change in Texas and are moving......
Before I traveled 5 miles this morning there were 3 dead on the road shoulders.

Be careful!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Dang.. I guess I really should go ahead and get my last mow in for the year then.. I doubt it'll be growing much after the last couple of warm days we just had.
Be safe out there. Have yet to see any deer in my area. We just see the normal skunks and armadillo on our roadsides..

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,670 ·
Sorry to hear about your foot Eric but glad it's not something worse. Take an old man's advice and don't rush it and let it heal properly.
Yeah in not going to push it. On the bright side I've banging out some of my oem training. Should have my master cert done by tomorrow night. Then onto my ASE certs. I don't really care much about the certifications but my pay will see a nice bump once I'm master certified so that's a plus lol.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Dang.. I guess I really should go ahead and get my last mow in for the year then.. I doubt it'll be growing much after the last couple of warm days we just had.
Mowed mine last weekend and I'm hoping that was it for now. Hasn't grown too much so far and now that we're getting the cold front later today, that should put a stop on the growth pretty soon.

It'll be damn brutal to go from 75-80 to freaking 50-55. 🥶 My wife's been in Tenerife in The Canary Islands the past 10 days and is coming back on Sunday. Sent her a screenshot of the forecast for next week and asked if she REALLY wants to come back. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Mowed mine last weekend and I'm hoping that was it for now. Hasn't grown too much so far and now that we're getting the cold front later today, that should put a stop on the growth pretty soon.

It'll be damn brutal to go from 75-80 to freaking 50-55. 🥶 My wife's been in Tenerife in The Canary Islands the past 10 days and is coming back on Sunday. Sent her a screenshot of the forecast for next week and asked if she REALLY wants to come back. :ROFLMAO:
Send her some money and tell her to stay another week so that you can get stuff done that you really wanted to do without interruption.
That's what I do.

• Haha
Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,864 Posts
Yeah in not going to push it. On the bright side I've banging out some of my oem training. Should have my master cert done by tomorrow night. Then onto my ASE certs. I don't really care much about the certifications but my pay will see a nice bump once I'm master certified so that's a plus lol.
A bump is always nice.. too bad joe is eating into most peoples. FJB lol

What's the highest cert you can get and how hard is it to get?

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
20,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,675 ·
So through Navistar, diamond certified is the top level. That means you've done all the online training, and are current with the hands on classes. Master is one step below that, which is all the online courses. That's what I'll be done with within the next day or two.

Then there's the ASE certs. The highest in that is master truck (for my field).

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
The deer know the weather is about to change in Texas and are moving......
Before I traveled 5 miles this morning there were 3 dead on the road shoulders.

Be careful!!!
Too bad they weren't moving opening weekend

Reactions: roorancher

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Paid $2.89 for gas this morning.

Also, there was a huge dead hog with guts all over the road on the way to work this morning.
That's 4 animals hit in two days less than 5 miles from my house. Not good.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
2,613 Posts
Yeah,, last week I was headed North and came a cross an accident scene, as i passed by I saw it was a newer car with the front smashed pretty good,, and a medium sized deer in the road just in front of it!
A pretty rare site out here as we do not have allot of open ground that has not been developed into housing. Although the area where this happened was a green belt, a thin green belt but rarely do we see wild animal activity!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
To change the subject......

There has been a good deal of discussion lately on another thread (me included,) about HIDs vs. LEDs.
I didn't put this in the actual thread, because I'm not doing the comparative analysis in a Silverado or Sierra.....the reason being that it's difficult to R&R the bulbs, and I use the truck to often to disrupt it and experiment.

Anyway, the backstory....My two Trans Ams both use(d) the large square sealed beam. (H4666.) On both cars I installed The Hella HID housing kits with Hella 100/80W, H4 HID bulbs, (link below,) due to the night driving that I do.....and they were a vast improvement.

Driven by the discussion, I decided to try some of the "latest and greatest" LED technology in the reflector housings, and I'll report back when I change them out. I've been happy with "Auxito" in other places on the truck, (and other cars I own,) so I bought the ones I also linked to below to try. (They were $60.)

We'll see.....I'm mostly interested in a cut-off and scatter comparison. The brightness will be secondary.

3661 - 3680 of 3740 Posts