Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
3701 - 3720 of 3740 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,620 Posts
Last year I retired from my job after almost 23.5 years. A couple months later I went back to work at the same place but as strictly IT civilian (I was in a dual role before) and part time.
I should have never accepted the pay they gave me for part time to come back, that was my fault. I asked for a pay increase and they told me one was coming to be patient.
So around August this year everyone got a 5% raise. I wasn't satisfied with that so I asked for another small bump in pay and got it.
The other day I was just thinking how much people at work call me day and night and also even the other IT analysts call me all the time wanting to know how to do something. Not to mention, our supervisor left to go work some place else and they have been increasing the work load. Why is everyone calling the part time guy for help? :cautious:

So I went and talked to the Superintendent and his assistant and basically demanded that I get a much larger pay increase again. It was a hard fight and I was prepared to walk out if I didn't get it but in the end the Superintendent said he was impressed by my being steadfast and not backing down and they gave me what I asked for. They also sent out a directive to not contact me after my work hours.
I'm not rolling in the dough or anything but with this pay increase and my retirement from the job plus the hazardous duty supplement, I am more well off than I have ever been in my life. The best part is I can just work part time and still support people that don't pay their bills like shakenfake :LOL:

I might even buy Vince some new underwear for Christmas now...

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
I got a 20% raise last June because I was about to leave the company and they matched me to stay. No raise since, hoping for at least something end of this year.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,217 Posts
I got nothing in 2019 or 2020 if that helps lol
Damn I would be out of there lol
Most jobs I know give about a 2 or 3% raise every year. We got a 4% as a whole company because of all the inflation that has been going on and that is pretty much the only reason. I am holding my breath that next year my specific division gets a raise as we are moving to a brand new building with more advanced equipment and a larger work load across the board. We'll see.

Can't complain too much though as I'm going back to school for a bachelors on reimbursement. Completely different field than what I am in but I think I'll enjoy it more. Too bad I didn't take more loans out before the forgiveness. Wish I could have people pay my bills for me some more :(

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,620 Posts
So yea that directive not to call me... :LOL:
Today I am supposedly off work. One of my coworkers called me and said he couldn't get the computer that controls the climate controls at work to connect to the network. I remoted in and saw the DNS wasn't set to the new DNS we have been using for a couple weeks. Changed it, fixed it and disconnected. Got 2 hours for maybe 30 minutes of work but yea, sure they won't call me anymore.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
193 Posts
I get a cost Of living raise yearly. This year it’s 7% or something like that, also have everyone a 4,000$ bonus which was nice since I haven’t worked since July due to back surgeries.

Also update on my back. Today I’m feeling great. Been in bed all day and plan to stay there for atleast a few more weeks. I did both surgeries with no pain meds after because I don’t like how they make me feel. I’m looking forward to going back to work after first of the year. I have a follow up Dec 20th. But I expect everything to be fine. I’ve had hella support from my lovely wife and her family. My family has been great as well. This was a curve ball for me. Went from 70-80 hours a week to 0 with disability paying me a whopping 370$ a week which is better than nothing. But thanks for all the prayers from everyone. Now to heal all the way up and wait for the feeling to come back into my legs and I’ll be ready to roll. God is good!!

·
Registered
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,864 Posts
Damn I would be out of there lol
Technically I wasnt eligible the first year as I hired in at merit time. So I will give them that one but the 2020 one was due to "covid".

They have there claws in me and wont let me leave

·
Registered
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,898 Posts
So, It's been a really good few days...

On Friday I had a new convertible top installed on the 94 TA. It was the original top, and even though the car has been garaged all it's life, stitching was missing, it was sagging and had lost it's "waterproofness," The fabric had separated from the rear glass. Contrary to YouTube, there's really no way to repair that effectively.

Saturday, my wife's cousin's kid married her baby-daddy. It was a "goat-roper," redneck wedding, just north of Houston. A good time was had by all. Hor's d'oeuvres consisted of fried stuffed jalapeno peppers wrapped in bacon. The main course was smothered steak w/brown gravy, chicken fried steak with white gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans and fried okra.
Everyone was dressed "western," and I got a chance to wear my Lucchese Ropers and Stetson. A good time was had by all.

On the round trip I averaged 19 MPG, and filled up this morning for $2.67.

Yesterday I reconnected with someone I hadn't seen in 17 years when I worked at L3/Raytheon. He was an aircraft painter, and someone on FB sent me his way. In 2011 he left the company and began working for the family custom Paint and Body Shop that's been in business for about 30 years or so just 20 miles from my house. Ir was like "old times." He's going to repaint the front urethane bumper covers on both TAs for me, since the previous owners were not diligent in removing bugs right away, and the paint is etched from "bug juice."

Tomorrow I'm smoking two 15 pound Turkeys to take to Aggieland for Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends.

Saturday will be an event I'm not thrilled about attending. It will be almost a 7 hour round trip to attend our niece's "gender reveal party." I think these types of parties are bullshit, and there are other things I'd rather be doing, but my wife says I have to go. The food had best be good.

That about wraps it up!

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving y'all!!!

·
Administrator
9,111 Posts
Big shocker... right before a holiday travel period... gas is now $3.99 for 87 at most stations around here. Some stations are $4.19. Crooks. 🤬

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
515 Posts
It’s back up to an average of $3.90 a gallon here in eastern PA.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,620 Posts
Sam's dropped 4 cents and now down to $3.23 for 87 the other stations have dropped a penny or 2 as well.

Thanks Putin!

·
Administrator
9,111 Posts
And magically, now that everyone has filled-up for their trip to grandma's house (or are already there), gas dropped .30 per gallon. Sam's is now $3.48 for 87. Yesterday, it was $3.84.

• Wow
Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2012 Silverado
193 Posts
Happy thanksgiving everyone. Im stuck at home while the wife and son go see family and eat. Fml.

·
Registered
1999 Silverado LT LQ4 2006 Sierra SLT LBZ
4,217 Posts
Happy thanksgiving everyone. Im stuck at home while the wife and son go see family and eat. Fml.
As punishment for working on that trailer

If it makes you feel any better I am sick so I'm out for the count.

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Went back to the deer least this weekend after several days of rain. Needless to say the guy at the car wash this morning was in shock when I dropped the truck off for a detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: tsuintx and RedSLEd
3701 - 3720 of 3740 Posts