Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
4061 - 4080 of 4141 Posts

· How-To Author, TOTM
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
6,014 Posts

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
I got a notification for truck policy update email this morning... not supposed to renew until march??

Jan 12th I commented on here and truck was 369.83 with 295.87 discount (665.70 total)
Now Jan 19th its 410.41 with 247.31 discount (657.72 total)

So technically total cost is down but payments are going up 9%.. it also says next renewal date is sept 2023.... so it should not have changed until march?? Thats a wild discount swing too and no clue why, been driving like grandpa.

Bill for jan is normal I guess I will watch feb bill. I know its only like a $7 difference per month but still

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
The total would be the 6mo policy price + the discounts currently receiving.

I finally found where they did the same thing last year though.. sent it out 2 months in advance.

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
I said total cost is down (6mo premium plus discount) from 665 to 657. If you only look at what I actually pay per 6 mo yes it went up from 369 to 410. Thats what I was saying.. its odd

· TOTM
1,423 Posts
I work with an insurance broker that isn't tied to any specific insurance company and I went so far as to assume it was just my current provider that increased. So I asked them to re-shop my insurance in all the companies and let me know who is lowest now. They came back showing that ALL of them increased and that even with the increase, my current provider was still the best option for the money. I was stuck renewing at that point.

· Registered
3,913 Posts
I work with an insurance broker that isn't tied to any specific insurance company and I went so far as to assume it was just my current provider that increased. So I asked them to re-shop my insurance in all the companies and let me know who is lowest now. They came back showing that ALL of them increased and that even with the increase, my current provider was still the best option for the money. I was stuck renewing at that point.
Pretty much the same I hear from my independent broker. :mad: (n) Can't wait to see what happens with my homeowner's policy when that time comes in June. They'll probably drop me and I'll be damaged good for everybody for a few years. :rolleyes: ****** insurance is just legalized robbery. First you have to pay for it and then when something happens and you have to use it, they'll stick stuff up your ass as far as they can.

EDIT: Oh... Even the word e-ffing (without the dash) is censored. 🤦‍♂️

· TOTM
1,423 Posts
Pretty much the same I hear from my independent broker. :mad: (n) Can't wait to see what happens with my homeowner's policy when that time comes in June. They'll probably drop me and I'll be damaged good for everybody for a few years. :rolleyes: ** insurance is just legalized robbery. First you have to pay for it and then when something happens and you have to use it, they'll stick stuff up your ass as far as they can.
Right? Ridiculous..
"You pay us lots of money since you MIGHT need us to pay you. But IF you need us to pay you any money.. ohhh man. You are going to owe us SO much money."
How does that work?!

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,682 Posts
My car insurance renews in April. I'll see if it raises or not soon.

· Administrator, TOTM, How-To Author
9,594 Posts
It's a scam in many ways. Yet you MUST have it to get a license plate, etc.

It's even worse in the health insurance arena. Insurance controls pretty much everything; when you can have medical work done, who can do it, how much the doc can charge, how much the insurance will pay the doc. And even when the insurance company has a contract with a hospital, they can still say, 'Nope, we're not paying for that anymore' or 'oh... we reduced what we'll pay for that type of procedure. Take it or leave it.' Doctors have to charge extremely high rates to offset all the stuff they don't get paid for and have to write-off. Medicare/Medicaid pay 20 cents on the dollar and the hospital has to jump thru 100 hoops to get the money. The VA pays about 13 cents on the dollar. If we ever have single payer health coverage, there will be no doctors because they'll be making minimum wage. Meanwhile, the insurance companies rake in billions. 😠

Ok... rant over.

· Registered
8 Posts
Did get stopped by a cop and gave me a break.I was going a little too fast and went good.Had my driver's license and registration out ahead of time and told him I had a pistol under the seat I have my concealed weapons permit for it.Told me thank you for telling me where the pistol was and gave me a warning since I cooperated with him.My Aunt Renee taught me to use common sense growing up.

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
I got stopped for 81 in a 60 the other day and the cop takes license and comes back and goes you've been stopped 5 times and always given a warning, next time we will give you a ticket. That fool must be new and not know who I am lol

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
Yeah I can recall 4 of them as they were in the last two years. All of these were around no traffic so maybe that was why, Not my fault limits are set so low.

70 in 45, he was real mad
72 in 60
71 in 60
81 in 60

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
6,017 Posts
A friend of mine is trying to trade in or sell his 2017 gmc SLT with 108k on it and get into a newer one with a 2.7l engine. Dealers first offer was 28.5k and hes looking to get 30k. Man I sure do want it, 4x4, 6.2L, sun roof and all the goodies you would want.

4061 - 4080 of 4141 Posts