Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
4101 - 4120 of 4141 Posts

· SilveradoSierra Guru
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
3,172 Posts
Something for kids. Once its all finalized I will post it here though.. we are working on how it can be franchised too. Should be cool. Side note, if anyone wants to foot a 6 fig business loan let me know :LOL:

I am feeling lucky today. I will keep it at 68 in the 60 today

Also i feel sorry for those in cali subjected to this kind of crap. https://jalopnik.com/pre-2010-diesel-engines-banned-from-california-roads-1850001952
Course, it's a clickbait title, they aren't banned from the roads, but rather they can no longer be registered in California.

· Servicemen, TOTM
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
7,682 Posts
Bernie, are you sure you are ready to step up to a pro grade truck?

Also, I hope that business doesn't involve transporting kids with your driving... :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Bradley21sanders

· Registered
3,913 Posts
Got busy with the Sub today: Airaid MIT, J&L catch can and WeatherTech mat for 2nd/3rd rows. Got the tuner yesterday, but didn’t feel like messing with that today, so that has to wait for another couple of days maybe.

WeatherTechs are stupid expensive, so I’m trying to piece a set together off Ebay. Plenty of new ones available there. Already saved about $50 vs. WT direct. Still need to find fronts and cargo area mats.

Hood Vehicle Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Hood Sleeve Grey Wood Road surface

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

· How-To Author, TOTM
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
6,014 Posts
Just an observation here...
Yesterday, I changed the rear strut assemblies on my wife's 05 Honda element.
We bought it new, it's got 256K on it and runs great. It's a spare car now, and it gets about 3500 miles a year.

The original factory struts were leaking. The Gabriels were about $150 a piece, and it took me about 2.5 hours, with clean up.

The fronts are bad too, and I'm convinced that's why the front end shakes. The rubber is shot at the top of the towers.

She said not to do it. "Have it done."
Well, I've done business with both the Honda dealership, and a foreign car repair place in town, (whose labor rate is about 40% less than the Honda dealer,) and they both want almost $1100 to replace the two front struts with an alignment.

These people are nuts. I like to do business locally, but sorry....They're only getting the alignment.

I just ordered the struts; $300.

· How-To Author, TOTM
6,014 Posts
Can you tell I'm bored today?

· How-To Author, TOTM
6,014 Posts
We got right at 2" of rain on Lake Whitney.
The Lake has come up 1.8" as well. It's still down 6.85 feet from normal pool level.

· Administrator, TOTM, How-To Author
9,594 Posts
We're getting our first snow (about 3") since the Christmas blizzard. Lots and lots of rain since, but no snow until today. Very unusual for January. But overall, we've had about 72" of snow so far this year, which is almost double our normal for this point in the season. Normally get about 90-100" for the entire winter.

· How-To Author, TOTM
6,014 Posts
We're getting our first snow (about 3") since the Christmas blizzard. Lots and lots of rain since, but no snow until today. Very unusual for January. But overall, we've had about 72" of snow so far this year, which is almost double our normal for this point in the season. Normally get about 90-100" for the entire winter.
I cannot say I like that, so I'll say: "Better you than me!"

· How-To Author, TOTM
6,014 Posts
The article, (it's the Guardian,) hits all the radical left talking points....Not limited to, but including:
biodiversity
Indigenous rights
socially harmful
socially just.

There's another article I read this morning that said the city of San Diego is looking for every way it can to eliminate the use of private cars.

• Angry
Reactions: RedSLEd

· Registered
3,913 Posts
The rebuilding has started. 💪 At least what comes to tools and such, that is. :LOL: Picked up stuff I scored yesterday from two different auctions: Husky tool box, Ryobi mower and a couple of blowers as well as some tools and such. :cool: Everything again at nowhere near retail prices.(y) Paid for the whole lot about what just the tool box would cost at Home Depot.

Land vehicle Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Font Gas Electronic instrument Audio equipment Wood

Cabinetry Table Drawer Wood Chest of drawers

4101 - 4120 of 4141 Posts