Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
4121 - 4140 of 4408 Posts

· Supr Mod, AutoTech 🥇Mbr Extraord, 🏅TOTM SS-Guru
2015 High Country Duramax
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,121 ·
I got the same box in the garage since I ran out of room in my other box. It's a decent box for the price of them.

Are they rebuilding the house then?

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Still waiting to hear final verdict, but we’re getting close to decision time. Will meet up with contractor tomorrow to talk about demolition and such.

Reactions: RedSLEd

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,378 Posts
Thats it, I got to find one of these things near me. I have gone to one before but the deals were not near about what you are getting it seems. IIRC it ended up being around $50-100 off of a 600 tool box I was looking at. now the furniture was good deals though.

I suppose you can change the layout and such some but you only have x amount that the insurance will pay to rebuild it which is the main thing?

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Thats it, I got to find one of these things near me. I have gone to one before but the deals were not near about what you are getting it seems. IIRC it ended up being around $50-100 off of a 600 tool box I was looking at. now the furniture was good deals though.
It happens here, too. I pass on a lot of things because they get too close to retail price. People get auction fever, or they just don't know the value of the item they're bidding on. I do my due diligence by checking what something costs at Home Depot, Lowe's etc. and then come up with what I'm willing to pay, including the fees. If you don't pay attention to the auction fees and taken them into account in your bids, you will get burned.

I suppose you can change the layout and such some but you only have x amount that the insurance will pay to rebuild it which is the main thing?
I have a few things I'd like to change, but pretty sure my wife will come up with a longer list, so we'll see how that goes. She was actually talking about raising the ceiling height downstairs beyond the current 12 feet, so you can see what I'm dealing with here... LOL! 🤣 🤦‍♂️

Insurance company pays to reconstruct the house with like materials and with current labor rates. Any upgrades and changes beyond that will have to be paid by us. We'll see what kind of wiggle room there is with the contractor to maybe include some actual upgrades into the cost. Hope they are willing to play ball.

· SS-Guru 🏅TOTM, HowTo Author,🥇Mbr Extraordinaire,
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 LC9 211k mi
17,825 Posts
Nice score Tomi. Got to live those soft close drawers.

Reactions: tsuintx

17,825 Posts
That is sad.

Reactions: tsuintx

17,825 Posts
I saw this the other day in a parking lot. Was a Tahoe. Summers are HOT down here!

Land vehicle Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Normalcy beginning to settle in here with tool boxes, cabinets, plenty of power tools etc. :LOL:

Picked up the brand new 3-piece Husky set for $125 all in which is just about 90% off retail. Sure, the cabinet has a couple of dents, but they don’t bother me.

Just need to try to pace myself since somebody has to move all the stuff back to the rebuilt house at some point. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Watch Automotive tire Gas Wrist Machine

· Registered
3,100 Posts
Getting iced in around here. Earlier the ice pellets weren't sticking to the ground too much, but now they have started to do that, so luckily I don't have to go anywhere anymore. Was out earlier and it was mostly dry with some icy patched here and there. And people that have spun around, in the ditch and so on. 🤦‍♂️ Most of the people were driving surprisingly slow, though. Kind of annoying since I had somewhere to go. LOL! 🤣

Water Building Window Road surface Sky

· How-To Author
2009 5.3l 6l80
5,378 Posts
I think we might get hammered. This is what it looks like at 8pm tonight for us. We are in the "high" power outage expected category, thinking about sending the wife and kids to Mississippi to the in laws. Much rather have 12" of snow vs 1/2" of ice accumulation.
World Ecoregion Nature Azure Natural environment

4121 - 4140 of 4408 Posts