Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1681 - 1700 of 1743 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Next thing they come out with will be the console will move down or flip back as well and then you can take the seat cushions off the rear seat and have a full bed in the cab

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,429 Posts
That would be a full bed for the vertically challenged homeless only.
Perhaps the cities of San Fransicko, LA and Austin should buy some. That's about how much they spend on each homeless person annually, anyway...

Reactions: lownoma

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,911 Posts
Well I just bought my first home!

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Congrats, nice feeling to not be renting somewhere. Or at least it was for me. Feels like I am actually working towards a goal now.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,429 Posts
Well I just bought my first home!
Congrats Monte!!!! That's exciting!!! I remember buying my first home when I was 26 in Kingwood.
Where did you buy? Did you have to win a bidding war?
And BTW.....now the fun really starts....LOL!!!

Side note: Can you get the truck in that 2 door garage, of are you going to have to add a beam or fletch plate and go to a single door?

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,911 Posts
Congrats Monte!!!! That's exciting!!! I remember buying my first home when I was 26 in Kingwood.
Where did you buy? Did you have to win a bidding war?

Side note: Can you get the truck in that 2 door garage, of are you going to have to add a beam or fletch plate and go to a single door?
In Tomball! There were 21 other bids on the house but it was a smooth process. And that isn't my house in my sig lol

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Ain't that the truth!!! 😁 Congrats, though! Great achievement. (y)

At least your isn't probably 114 years old like the one my daughter and her husband just bought as their first house in Fort Worth. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,911 Posts
Ain't that the truth!!! 😁 Congrats, though! Great achievement. (y)

At least your isn't probably 114 years old like the one my daughter and her husband just bought as their first house in Fort Worth. :ROFLMAO:
21 years old haha. Not exactly a fixer upper

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Luckily theirs was done four years ago, so that gives some comfort. Still has projects here and there. Mostly outside actually.

Speaking of projects… I guess AC coil looking like this isn’t usually a good sign.:mad::mad::mad: That’s all I freaking needed right now…

Automotive tire Glove Gas Metal Human leg

Automotive tire Wood Gas Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,911 Posts
Luckily theirs was done four years ago, so that gives some comfort. Still has projects here and there. Mostly outside actually.

Speaking of projects… I guess AC coil looking like this isn’t usually a good sign.:mad::mad::mad: That’s all I freaking needed right now…

View attachment 941795
View attachment 941796
Ouch! The ac in my house is original to the house so i will be replacing at some point. Hoping my home warranty helps out with that haha

Reactions: tsuintx

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Well I recently found out that in addition to the filter in the house wall that should be changed fairly often (I do it once a month) there is also one in the unit in the freaking attic as well. Ours stopped cooling about a month ago and that was the culprit.. the filter looks like the original that the unit was shipped with is what the AC guy said.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the filter looks like the original that the unit was shipped with is what the AC guy said.
Damn, dude!!! :ROFLMAO: My wife religiously changes ours. Luckily they are within easy reach, even the ones in the attic where the access is through a door, not pull-down stairs.

But yeah... I had a dude come take a look at the thing and according to his leak detector, there are a couple of spots on the coil that are leaking. I'm going to take the chance and have him put more freon in and we'll see how long it lasts. Not going to hold my breath. :cautious: At least it's not July/August anymore... 🤷‍♂️ And upstairs still works.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Ours isn't too hard to get too but its a pull down attic access and my Junker car is in the way of that kinda.

Ah another tip, get in writing that the warranty will actually replace the unit.

My parents built a house in 1995 and within the last year or two was offered a policy through insurance people and they claimed they would pay the full price to replace everything if it went out.

Couple months ago it actually went out. They were trying to deny the claim, due to saying the compressor could have been repaired if they can find the parts. But the lady on the phone told them to go ahead and have AC man replace the whole thing. So I think that was what helped out in the end, not sure. They did cover the full cost luckily.

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,699 ·
Had another catastrophic engine failure at work this week. Blew a huge hole through the block on cylinder 1. Connecting rod, and cylinder liner chunks were laying below the fuel pump.

It also nearly sheared the flywheel bolts. Cracked the fly wheel pretty good and about sheared the pin on the crank. I'm guessing that it locked up while it was loaded and obviously going down the road, and the weight of the truck tried to overcome the locked engine, and obviously did since the driver stated he was able to drive it off the roadway.

1681 - 1700 of 1743 Posts