Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1821 - 1840 of 1856 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
OU blew almost as much ass as Oprah at a baked bean eating contest yesterday. First loss of the season and they deserved to lose.
If they could play consistent it would be nice.

Ah well.
Michigan got their first loss a few weeks ago. Losses in November hurt that ranking but OU losing Baylor at #13 softens the blow a little.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,657 Posts
Anyone looking for a truck?
This one appears priced right in my neck of the woods...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Get this...I just drove our public affairs person out to a farm to grab "before" photos of a project we got going in. Our program participant is an Army vet who is now firearms training contractor for Army.

Otw, I was telling PR person more about our participant and how he's hard to catch up with b'c he travels all over CONUS doing training.

PR person replies "Well he will need to disarm when we are with him documenting this project"

I was like, wait, what did you just say?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,134 Posts
WTH?

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,054 Posts
Looks great BC

·
Super Moderator
10,106 Posts
Since my build thread is locked, thought I'd share this with yall: Method Racing MR310 Con 6 in the O.E. 17x8.5 variety
You requested the thread be locked....do you want it unlocked? I may be able to do so if you'd like, and you can make updates as usual....

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,835 ·
Going to look at some square bodies this weekend. The blue one is the one I'm mainly going to look at. But the 3+3 dually is neat too. It's 2wd but that doesn't necessarily put it out of the running lol.

Although it likely would get converted to single rear wheel. Neither one is in great shape. But I'm mostly interested in the condition of the frame and obviously make site the body isn't totally shot.

Blue one has the 6.2 in it and the 3+3 is a big block.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Buy them both!

Then build the 3+3 with a frame chop and 6ft bed...swap in from blue square the 14BFF (& convert to disc brake), and D60, crossover steering, 6" all spring lift...37" on 17s...4L80 behind a 6.2LS...sell the big block and 6.2 oil burner!

Then you can make it purdy!

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,837 ·
Actually my dream project is a 3+3 short bed, 4x4, duramax/allison swapped.

The blue truck is the most likely one to be running in the shortest amount of time. The 3+3 is missing the rad pack and all that. He says the blue one is supposed to run, but he never had it going.

He's got over 23 trucks on his property. Those were just the two that I'm more interested in. He also has a decent condition 69 short bed, and a gmt400 eclb dually with a 6.5 in it. I could potentially be interested in that one as well depending on price.

Really don't want a dually, so if I were to end up with one, I would most likely convert it to single rear wheel.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Dmax/Allison is better choice for the 3+3

That 69C10 is nice!

I'd like a 69K5...then I'd have the first & last year of production models...

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,921 Posts
I say get the dually, keep it dually but convert it to 4x4 and do the duramx/allison swap

·
Super Moderator
18,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,840 ·
It depends how much work the dually would need to be on the road.

I also would like to use it for driving this winter to avoid getting my truck all salted up.

That's not to say I won't end up with both of them anyway lol.

1821 - 1840 of 1856 Posts