Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LT (new style). Pardon my ignorance on this but there are multiple DRL's on the truck. I think there is a typical bulb and that "C" shape around the housing. One of the "C" shaped lights is out (passenger side). The "C" shape light on the Drivers side still works fine. I am disappointed that my truck has 20k miles on it and the bulbs are already going bad.
My issue is that I have spent about 15 minutes searching online for the proper name of this "C" shape bulb so I can try and figure out how to replace it and which bulb is needed. I cannot find anything on this particular "C" shaped light.
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
330 Posts
I’m pretty sure the C shaped bulb you’re talking about is an LED lamp that’s built into the headlamp housing. Most likely the lamp will require replacement. I’d check with your dealer as it should be covered by warranty on a 2019 with only 20k miles.

Reactions: 20silver19LT

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m pretty sure the C shaped bulb you’re talking about is an LED lamp that’s built into the headlamp housing. Most likely the lamp will require replacement. I’d check with your dealer as it should be covered by warranty on a 2019 with only 20k miles.
I will see but I don't think GM will cover lighting for any reason. We shall see.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer just informed me that I would need to pay $95 for an inspection fee to understand what repair is needed. IF GM covers the cost (which they cannot tell me) to replace the housing, the inspection fee is waived. Quite a bad situation to be in for me.

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
That is a typical warranty scenario. You usually, (but not always), have to agree to diagnostic fees so they can figure-out if it's a warranty situation. If it is, you don't have to pay.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a typical warranty scenario. You usually, (but not always), have to agree to diagnostic fees so they can figure-out if it's a warranty situation. If it is, you don't have to pay.
I guess I am confused as to which root cause for the light to fail that I would be responsible for (other than physical damage to the housing or bulb). I assume the failure will be related to wiring or the bulb burning out and I would think GM would cover that since the vehicle only has 20k on it.

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
You're correct. It should be fully covered if it's due to a manufacturing defect. Could be a bad connector, wiring, faulty bulb, etc. Stuff happens.

If it's due to damage (a mouse? LOL) or modification (not saying you did that), they will not cover it.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're correct. It should be fully covered if it's due to a manufacturing defect. Could be a bad connector, wiring, faulty bulb, etc. Stuff happens.

If it's due to damage (a mouse? LOL) or modification (not saying you did that), they will not cover it.
Understood. The only concern I have is that I just recently added an AF fog lamp kit to the truck and the new harness plugs into the passenger side headlight. BUT if this caused any issue, I would assume it would have happened by now. I've had the new kit in for several weeks. Also, the headlight and other DRL is working without issue so I do not think the AF kit caused any issue.
I have an appointment tomorrow morning at the Dealer so time will tell.

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2019 Silverado 1500 LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this is very strange. I noticed that the "C" shaped lights do work while the truck is running. When I shut the truck off and the lights stay on for the 30 seconds (setting) the passenger side "C" light does not stay on. This only happens when the truck is off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts