Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Deaver U182 leaf springs recently, these springs are amazing, I know have about 18 inches of wheel travel. I was going to install a pair of Fox 2.5 Factory Series Reservoir - DSC Adjuster that are exteneded for 2" of lift on the rear. They ended up being about 6" too short, luckily I have friends at Fox and they are finding me a set of shocks that will work.

You can see how far the rear axle drops drop compared to the front with Fox coilovers DSC's and Cognito UCA's. Makes me want to do a long travel up front now.

These Deaver springs are truly amazing, 13 thin leafs compared to the factory 3 leaf springs.

Full droop

This pictures shows how restricted the travel is on the front.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,659 Posts
I think a long travel kit for the front would be a perfect match, as that is way off from the rear. Looks pretty badass though..

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Ok, now I think I should get the full travel out of the Deaver springs, I need to relocate my rear shocks, I'm looking at Fox 2.5 3 tube bypass shocks with either 12" or 14" of travel.

Any suggestions on how to mount the shocks or a bed cage that is relatively low profile?

· Registered
190 Posts
Holy crap that's a lot of droop!

How's the rear ride now with those springs? Did you lose payload capacity?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.